Show Badge Progress?

Heyo,
I was just looking at my badges and I thought to myself, where am I with this badge? So my suggestion is that we should be able to see our own progress on certain badges.

I really don’t know much about Discourse so sorry if there is actually a way to see progress, but, this info has to be stored somewhere of course, otherwise the whole concept of badges wouldn’t work.
I’m not entirely sure if it’s possible or not but I thought I’d just throw this one out there.
Thanks for reading :wave:

There isn’t on regular Discourse

Hive could try to make their own forum plug-ins though

2 Likes

I will bump this because this a pretty good suggestion. :+1:

I agree, I have no idea how far I am from certain badges.

Not sure if I have to agree

atracts postfarming and clout chasers

like I don’t see a point in earning badges, just contributing to the community would make you well-known and recognized without those fancy badges.

Also, I think you can keep track of your progress by checking your summary or something in your profile.

1 Like

No, you cannot sadly.

depends for what badge. blueslime did the math to figure out when he would get devotee

3 Likes

Could you provide an example of which badges need this? I know of a way to help you check when you will get devotee and aficionado, and might make a tutorial for it soon.
But do you know of any other badges that could use this

1 Like

Empathetic is based on posts with likes rather than likes so that might be an okay one to have a progress bar on.
So would admired and out of love

2 Likes

This would be a good addition to the forums, also from what I know I don’t think it is on discourse.