Rules should be posted in the hive hub or game lobbies

I think that the rules should be posted in the hive hub. Why? Simply because I am always playing in the games and I find people who don’t understand the rules of the hive. I usually play treasure wars or sky wars and I find that people are always stalling the game out hiding or sky basing. I always tell them that it is against the rules and that they aren’t allowed to do that, but they always tell me that its not against the rules and the only rule is no hacking. I think that the rules should be posted in the hub or in the lobbies of the games so people know what is allowed or not allowed. This would allow people to know what they can or can’t do and they don’t have an excuse like “I haven’t read the rules or that’s not true”. This would help the hive community and make it so there are less things that people need to report. I think how this would work is that where you spawn in the rules could be posted infront of you so that when you enter you can see them. They could show up like the player stats but the rules instead. It could list the things that aren’t allowed in the game and what is for example in sky wars: No hiding or Sky basing. This wouldn’t necessarily show how to play the game.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes. This would definitely reduce reporting and people getting hack-accused. Hive, add this now!

1 Like

if you do /rules that brings up a list of rules. but they should make it easier to find then just a command.

4 Likes

yeah some people don’t know about that. Which is why it is easier to physically see the rules

1 Like

Hmm… I do like the idea behind this suggestion. It is an issue when people assume the only rule is no hacking. I don’t know if I like this specific suggestion though. I think that posting the rules like player stats may just give lobbies a cluttered look. Perhaps instead of a list of rules, there could be a sign that says “Be sure to type ‘/rules’ to read the rules of the game!” or something along those lines. Alternatively, the Mail bot could encourage players on the first few times to log-in to type the command “/rules.” That’s just my two cents… I am not a big fan of making lobbies look more cluttered than they need to be, but you’re right that people should be made more aware of the rules! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe when you join itll tell you to use /rules

1 Like

I like that idea, but it definitely doesn’t ensure that players will even care to type the command. I think if they were rewarded something for actually reading the rules that would be cool. Maybe if, without clutter, the rules could be said in chat before the game starts and you’re in the lobby.

Yeah that’s a good idea! I wouldn’t want the hub to look cluttered and messy >.< but ofc there is no guarantee that they will do that and care :frowning:

theyll probably want to so they know how to not get banned.

I feel like this suggetion would be a better solution, as it would still make the rules more visible, but also not add clutter to the lobbies.

4 Likes

I think it is a really good idea! Maybe inside the castle, idk? :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you!! Yeah that would be cool!

This is a very beneficial suggestion, and I’m going to assume half the community does not know the rules.

1 Like

I agree with this because not that many people know if there are rules when they join the hive for the first time

2 Likes