Rules Item In Waiting Lobby

Idea: A book in the hotbar that goes through all the rules of the game.

More information: This item would be found in the hotbar and you would have to right-click/hold to open a book that explains you the rules of all the games.

For example, in DeathRun, it would say what you have to do when you are a Runner and a Death (Like how to activate the traps as a Death)
In Murder Mystery, it would explains you the 3 roles and how to play as all of them, etcetera…

8 Likes

Great Idea. I support this

2 Likes

This is a great idea for people new to the server. When I first came to the server, the only game I was familiar with was Hide and Seek (XD), so this would be very beneficial

2 Likes

I agree this is a great idea!

2 Likes

I moved this to #suggestions:anything-else so you can vote on it if you like this idea ! :smile:

2 Likes

Bump, definitely needs more upvotes

1 Like

This might hurt the deathrun speedrunning community, because noob deaths will actually know how to activate traps (still good idea tho)

Rules, not How to Play.

4 Likes

I said this before and I´ll say it again: please don´t bump dead posts that are over one month old. If it was going to get lots of votes, it likely would have within the first few weeks of the post being made. It just isn’t necessary.

3 Likes

But this is actually good post and I didn’t see it back when this was posted and needs more attention from the community and now I vote for it to be implemented.

3 Likes

You actually haven’t seen this post before I bumped it.

imagine codechungus actually contributing to the discussion lol

That is a fair point. I didn’t contribute to the discussion, because I simply up voted it and it would be unnecessary for me to make a post saying I like the idea since I already got that message through by up voting the idea. This was the first time i saw the post though

Exactly. The purpose of bumping is to let more new people view the post, not to ridicule people.

1 Like

B U N P.
This still really needs to be added, as I just played a match with a level 100 in murder mystery who said that teaming was okay because the rules aren’t ingame.(Don’t flag, this suggestion isn’t outdated).

6 Likes

bunp

we need this. really need this

4 Likes

Yes a book in the middle of the hot bar, which explains the game and contains the rules would be really helpful because almost no one is using /links to read the rules.
Great idea! :honeybee:

6 Likes

A lot of people don’t put in the effort to actually check and learn the rules and this would help make it easier for them, also easier access to the rules will decrease the amount of arguing over whether something is or is not a rule.

New players also might not know where to find the rules and this would fix that.

4 Likes

Like dogfishdog said, most won’t even bother. Do you read all the agreement thingys before installing a program? No.
Although this is a great idea, a better one would be to show the rules in chat for 3 days/ 10 games, whichever occurs later.

This way, they will be pretty much lead into reading it, and not skipping. Maybe we can have both?

3 Likes

Just because no one reads ToS doesn’t mean you can just break it. It would be a lesson to people who did break the rules when there’s literally a handwritten copy of what not to do in your hot bar.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a good idea to do both, would make it so people have even less of an excuse to play. Though I think it should be half the amount of time that arshle suggested

1 Like