(Implemented) Reporting builds (and players) on Just Build

Thanks Hive
for making the decision of implementing this and adding it in the game (even though most of these are not in the game)! You can see this suggestion is closed, so replyes cannot be made here :slight_smile:

Reporting builds

If a build is either innaproprite or is off the build theme, you can report it. I have a few suggestions for the Report GUI buttons/report reasons.

Firstly, the GUI will look like this:

You will be reporting Player's build for…

• Innaproprite
  • Off-theme
  • Didn’t build anything

And now, the reasons.

• Innaproprite
    Contains content innaproprite that is not suitable for players -17.

• Off-theme
    The player’s build does not match will the build theme.

• Didn’t build anything
    If they are (intentionally) AFK, they won’t be punished, however they will be removed.

Reporting players

While playing Teams mode in JBlobby, you may find griefers in your team. Since you cannot have a report item in your hotbar (because you gonna need some space), the report button could be located at the Settings GUI, with the following report reasons and GUI buttons:

You will be reporting your teammate (Player) for:

• Griefing
  • Making innaproprite builds
  • Making off-theme builds
  • Not building anything
  • Griefing
    Self-explanatory

Players reported for Griefing or Innaproprite Builds will be banned.
Players reported for _Off-theme builds or Not building anything will be kicked from game (not from server).

In teams, after your teammate gets kicked, a bot will appear and auto-build with you, repeating your movements and blocks you have placed.

Hmmm, not a bad idea, though since JustBuild hasn’t fully released yet, we cannot be certain that The Hive have already thought about a way to report inappropriate builds. Nonetheless, they might not have, only time will tell to see when the new minigame released. A do like the idea of the suggestion, but depending how long it would take to make a report, it might make other players (the one reporting it) forget to vote on the builds of others.

2 Likes

I don’t think that you should be able to report people for building something off-topic or not buiding anything at all. I imagine that they already have a report feature for inappropriate builds.

4 Likes

I agree, unless it’s a team mode or something
Because neither of those affect other people if it is presumably solo,l

1 Like

If you think they are intentionally AFK-ing or if they are not AFK but is not building at all, then you can report him. Or that could be simply removed.

Anyways, thanks for feedback!

1 Like

Yeah we’ll see how the xp system works

1 Like

As much as I appreciate the idea, I’m not sure why we can’t report these things on the Discord like normal? For example, you can post a (spoilered) screenshot of an inappropriate build. Unless I’m missing something? :thinking:

The Hive wouldn’t automatically kick people from a game because you reported them, since you may be issuing a false report. And they wouldn’t be able to do anything about reported builds unless the server stores them for review after the fact, which I’m not sure is a thing. I also personally don’t see a reason to punish for being off-theme unless they’re consistently doing it. They could have just read the theme wrong or misunderstood.

That said, I’d be in favour of some protection against inappropriate builds (if there isn’t one) since that’s pretty serious when there’s younger members online. Maybe it can be like, if x amount of players in the game click to report a build, it gets automatically removed/cleared? The more people hit report, the more likely it’s not a false report. And that can be as simple as a hotbar item to click on, followed by an “are you sure”. You could even got a step further in suggesting the name of the builder is automatically flagged for admins but I wouldn’t be sure how to do that.

3 Likes

Well if you post the innaproprite build on the Discord then the player you reported would be banned, but you would be banned from the Discord also.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but it really depends on the building, I suppose. I wasn’t imagining they’d often be particularly graphic. Someone building a middle finger, for example, would be something inappropriate that you can just spoiler and post since it’s not excessively explicit.

But yeah I see what you’re saying :o There definitely should be an easy way to report builds if there isn’t already, but I don’t personally think an in-game reporting system is necessary for all of those issues; Just this one. Plus then people would be asking for in-game reporting in all games, which seems like a lot of unnecessary work :sweat_smile:

That’s what I was thinking.

Of course.

I honestly disagree with the “are you sure” one. The reported build (and it’s theme) will be sent to the admins, after they are teleported and they will ban the builder.

2 Likes

Oh, I just meant this as in like, what if you accidentally click it when someone’s building isn’t appropriate. Though, I suppose if we’re making it so there needs to be x amount of players that report, then that might not be needed :o

Oh ok, yeah I take back what I said

Vote time should be 15 secs

1 Like

Maybe if you report it, you get teleported away instead of it getting removed. If 3(random number from my head, probably needs changing) people report it, it will be deleted. Regardless, it will be sent to mods somehow

Looks like this has been added so I’ll go ahead and close the thread!

Thank you everyone for the suggestion and feedback. :heart: :honeybee:

3 Likes