Remove 🥚 reaction

I strongly disagree with this :egg: and since when has this become negative? its just an egg we eat it and I like it so no :egg:

why? it’s eggcelent. let it eggcist in peace.

hehe, i bet you’re eggravated rn

1 Like

Eggs are delicious >:( /j

1 Like

as long as there are reactions, people will find a way to have negative reactions. arguably, all of the current reactions, except the like(doesnt work well ironically, as it still counts for the user’s stats, when the user did not deserve any likes), can be used as a negative reaction(when being used ironically). Then, Hive would have to remove all of the reactions. Personally, I wouldnt miss them much, but ig some others would.

5 Likes

wow, totally good suggestion, it’s not like the MODERATORS TOOK OUR GODDAMN RIGHTS TO CRITIZE AND DISLIKE THINGS.

8 Likes

Imma be honest, I think that you should be able to downvote a suggestion as a dislike. It would work better than disliking a reply imo. Plus, it actually gives off constructional feedback

nah you should really have freedom to literally dislike anything. also, downvoting suggestions, just entirely doesn’t work.

1 Like

How dare you even suggest such a catastrophic idea.

Eggs for life :egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg::egg:

1 Like

i just use eggs as a joke

now that i think about it, eggs kinda suck ngl

jk

Are you sure? I believe can make that happen if all collectively agree, it already looks ironic

If they kept the thumbs down button button there wouldn’t be a problem with this. Imo reactions are useless if we can’t use them like we want to. I just really don’t see the point of :heart_eyes: :sob: :open_mouth:. :clap: and :+1: are positive reactions but they don’t add anything to the user’s stats, I believe if you appreciate something you’d want to make it count to the number if likes received. And the egg is just a dumb meme :egg:. I liked that all those reactions were summarized with the normal heart :heart: .

I never really liked the reactions and would have no problem if they were removed altogether and they brought back the system how it always was before.

9 Likes

I agree with Slime, the system was much better before in my opinion.

It was easier to see who had liked a post
It was easier to see how many actual likes a post has.

I think if there was going to be reactions, the only ones really needed would be :+1: :-1: and :heart:.

I do understand why it was removed, but it would be nice to have something to criticise a post with.

8 Likes

As Lewis and others have said before, putting a ‘thumbs down’ without justification/suggestion for how it could be better/to simply say you don’t like it is pointless. There’s no improving or anything constructive about saying ‘it’s bad’ - we remove posts like this and have on occasion locked threads because they’ve just been negative and not at all constructive. While I understand your reasoning to have a dislike reaction, it would be better to verbalise your dislike and your reasoning why in a post as opposed to a reaction. The decision to remove dislikes was an active one, and I see no reason why it should come back other than to give non-constructive criticism. You of course have the right to have the opinion of disliking something, and if you do, you’re free to say it in a constructive way with good reasoning.

The egg reaction is a bit of a meme/joke, and if used solely for negativity, I expect it will be removed, but at current, I do believe it is fine, but I’m sure Lewis reviews things like the egg reaction to see how it’s being used.

As I don’t see much further discussion which will give an effect other than more negativity regarding the decision to remove the dislike reaction, I will be locking the thread. If you have any questions, you’re free to PM me or any staff member. Have a good day! :slight_smile:

6 Likes