Prestige lobbies

I think the idea is simple put but I can understand the problems.

Idea: prestige players will be put in game lobby’s with other prestige players.

Reason: allows for lower level players be able to play in a less advanced player environment.

Problems:
Parties: how will prestige players in a party work, if the prestige player is owner of the party dose it make the non prestige players in the party join a prestige match? And vis-versa.
not enough players: let’s say a prestige player wants to play a Mega match, but there are not enough prestige players playing mega to join them to start the match, what then?

Not liking prestige: let’s say some very active player, though not that good at treasure wars, gets prestige where they no longer enjoy it as much because of the extra difficulty.

Solutions:
Parties: Majority, the major party of the party that is or is not in prestige will determine if the party is in the prestige or non prestige lobbies. Choice, the party owner has the option to decide weather they want to be in prestige or not.
Not enough players: players above level 70 will get the settings option to be in prestige lobbies, as a reward for this they get bonus xp gain in those lobbies until they hit prestige 1, or they don’t.

Not liking prestige: players in prestige can have the option to resume joining normal level lobbies, but at the cost of reduced xp gain to prevent people exploiting lower level players.

Why should we do this?
quick answer: to prevent people grinding lower skill level players to get xp, letting more and new players feel more like they can play it. Prevent false reports of hackers as many can confuse great skill with hacking.

Well my complaints and suggestions are in. Take it how may, any views, if you were to vote for this or not I ask you for your view on this or experience in game that can disproof or improve this. Also feel free to ask questions about parts of it, I bet I forgot something.

Thank you for your time and please consider this suggestion!

If you’re truly questioning why, here’s my experience and in depth reasoning:
When I play treasure wars now days it’s not as fun. Generally I only play mega, I play other sizes when doing quests with friends. Within mega and when I’ve played smaller size versions I encounter a type of player I call a sweat. These “sweats” are people who rush, which is nothing bad, but have they tend to have higher skill levels. They are such significantly high skill level that they make the game short and frustrating. One way me and my friends have standardized spotting these players is that they level up at an accelerated rate from all their easy victories. Because of this we play a different game if we can’t find a lobby without them. They tend to play in a party so they are always on the same team, and being in their team isn’t fun ether. When I’m a team with sweats I get surprised on how fast people are dying to treasure are being destroyed, then before I know it the game ends. The only xp gain I really get is destroyed treasures and anyone I happen to kill, making it even for me on their team earn less xp and not having enough time to enjoy or do much in the game. This can also help prevent false hacking reports. I have trained my eye and still trying to train my friends to spot skill and hacks. But that’s my unique stand, other people, younger or frustrated, may falsely report them for hacking, which can get them falsely banned, or have moderators get more work. Even I may falsely report despite trying not to. The “sweats” behavior is also not a good one, after many a game where I or my friends lose, the “sweats” then behave, well bad non consent actions that would be reportable if you had enough time on the end game lobby.

1 Like

YES DO IT NOW this is good idea

3 Likes

alt accounts and good players who dont have prestige exist

Great idea, if there were enough players. This is not really something The Hive can add with the current state of Minecrafts player count.

The solution of having level 70+ being able to join prestige lobbies does firstly destroy the purpose of a prestige lobby and secondly, not many players would do it as earning experience would still be harder (as you can no longer get free experience for killing the ‘noobs’). The only reason to go there is to have more intense games, but thats it. :)

4 Likes

I can understand alt accounts, but if they’re use an alt they would end up just doing the same thing as down playing. And that account then earns xp and it’s just ends up as a loop. Good players that don’t have prestige do exist, but I don’t see how that relates changes or relates to anything.

Firstly you have a very strong and clear point, there as of right now not enough players to support this.
As for the other points: prestige lobbies are not exclusive to prestige players, lvl 70 players have to option to join as they may like that style of More experienced players.
The purpose of having extra xp for the lvl 70 players up playing is that it’s expected for a skill difference, and maybe there is not a skill difference, but it’s a reward for potentially challenging yourself.
The “free xp for killing ‘noobs’” is partly why I suggested the creation of prestige lobbies, I can get behind not reading my reasoning, I wouldn’t even read it, but it’s not fun for “noobs” to get grinded, no really likes it, there by why we would have the separation, and until lvl 70 people can still do what they may, and everyone can grind “noobs” but 1-100 can really earn from it.

Cool idea! Voted!

1 Like

OK But What If You Are Beter Then Everone But The Sweats?
Then It Still Unfare

1 Like

Sbmm to a less extreme level. Also if your good then you arnt a sweat but you can go againd other ‘good’ players

1 Like

bumping becuase I think it is still and good idea, and could become applicable to other games.
also I cannot remember if I sated this in the OG post, but these lobbies would be good for new players, so it isn’t such a steep difficulty start. to say: new player on the hive tries TW, they like the game itself, but they cannot compete or have a chance with the higher level, more experienced players, this leads to dis interest in the game, and they will get bored of the games that they can enjoy more quickly, losing player retention.

2 Likes