PE (mobile) only games?

Do you guys think having matches that are pocket edition (mobile) only would be a good idea?

Personally I think it would be nice to allow people to compete on a level playing field. Players who playing using a touchscreen will always be at a disadvantage compared to players on mouse and keyboard or controller. With hive being so popular I don’t think splitting up the player base would have much of an impact on how quickly matches are able to fill up. It would be up to the player to decide which type of match they want to join of course.

If anyone has any other opinions I’d like to know :).

Don’t vote on this, I want it to be more of a discussion than a suggestion.

I don’t really like that idea. As Minecraft Bedrock was meant to bring all platforms together so you could play with friends anywhere.
Splitting up the player-base on servers would not allow people to play with their friends. And would separate the platforms just like they were before Bedrock was released.

10 Likes

I was thinking that it could just be something optional.

1 Like

This belongs in #suggestions

1 Like

I don’t really think it will be added no matter what I say, I just wanted to see what people thought.

2 Likes

I am PE and hate pc players but playing with them makes you better at PVP

4 Likes

That’s definitely true, the only way to improve is to challenge yourself!

1 Like

you just angered a big group of people

anyways no, would make queue time too long

4 Likes

Here’s my take on it,

Most of the disadvantages of mobile players do stem from the fact mojang hasn’t really changed the control scheme in like 6 years, if they could rework it, add features such as being able to click at air, a way to toggle f5, and a way to customize key mapping (while keeping a legacy controls option). Obviously pc would still be the superior platform, but this would even it out massively, (since pc still does have the better average performance, unless you’re comparing the newest ipad pro against an entry level laptop.) I think instead of pressuring the servers to adapt, we should start trying to get mojang to allow stuff like this.

If a game like fortnite can figure out mobile controls, a game with as much resources such as minecraft should have no problem reworking the controls for bedrock mobile, they’ve scaled the performance, so they should be able to scale out the mobile controls

14 Likes

I remember jeb posting a combat snapshot on reddit a while ago and in the post he mentioned that trying to balance pvp between different platforms was something they were trying to work on. I think that was one of the reasons why that snapshot essentially gave players an autoclicker, since updating all the versions of minecraft to have an autoclicker would definitely help mobile players a lot. This plus adding hot keys would kind of allow mobile players compete against other platforms, but I don’t think many people would want everyone to have an autoclicker in the game.

Even if the controls are changed, games like fortnite mobile still put mobile players in macthes with other mobile players. Maybe it’s because Minecraft is more of a casual game and pvp isn’t really that big of a part of it, but I just think it’s weird how the larger servers don’t really have any games which are pe only.

Probably the biggest reason why most server’s don’t implement something like this.

don’t double post, use the pencil icon

3 Likes

I think another reason is the featured servers are in endorsed by Microsoft/Mojang and I doubt that Mojang would want the playerbases separated.
Also I’m not sure fortnite still only matches mobiles against mobile players now. I’m not sure on this so I may be wrong.
And hopefully Jeb can flesh out this new combat system as I’m not a fan of the “autoclicker” system.

1 Like

nonononono

mobile needs the autoclicker tbh

it would help them

1 Like

I think it would be better for mojang to change the combat system so clicking fast wouldn’t be such an important aspect of it, but I’m sure even more players are against that idea.

3 Likes

As a mobile player myself, I agree with the autoclicker, because generally, you would need to position the camera, then attack. And while with the default controls, you can attack anywhere on screen, if someone starts strafing around you, it’s really hard to keep up. The autoclicker would allow mobile players to turn the camera and attack at the same time, a huge leap in mobile viability. As for other devices, there is actually a penalty on console and pc, so it’s not like their autoclicker systems outbalance out mobile either.

4 Likes

Yeah, I hope we get java pvp soon so click speed won’t matter

2 Likes

why

just why

1 Like

Why what?..

replying to blaze~~~~~~

As a Mobile and PC user, I agree and disagree with Mojang’s plan for the Combat Update.

I agree because it would make it fair for Mobile Users and also so that no one will complain “You’re only goof because you’re using a pc”

I disagree because Mobile Players has an option where you can tap/hold to mine/hit and use/place anywhere on the screen.