Overall Just Build Content Update

My Ideas (and others) for a JB Content Update!

First off, themes and more (5) voting options seem to be the main changes needed.
I will try to list other things, as I feel like those things are well known as a needed change to the game.

Summary of Blocks

Some blocks are in the creative menu, but you cannot get them as they are built in as the image for a block category. I believe there to be multiple of these.
How it should be:

• Pumpkins/ Jackolanterns should be grouped together.
  • Armor Stands would be cool.
  • Non-functional command blocks could be cool to build with!
  • Missing jungle leaves.
  • Make it to where we can make farm land, add functional bonemeal for easy trees and to be able to grow crops on the farmland. Then, we could make farm looking builds, and Farm would be a great new theme! Lots of opportunity there.
  • Additional Block Fix: (credit to @Pez comment) Water & Lava should be able to be spread. Lag could be a problem, but maybe make the spreading slow (like the speed of lava).
Needed Changes

Trapdoor Interaction needed to not be a thing.

Voting/ Time changes:
I honestly can say I think 20 seconds is a needed amount of time for about 10% of builds, but about 70% of builds can be observed in about 5-10s.
My solution to this: When all votes are in, skip to next build. This will move the game by faster. However, have it show for at least 10 seconds no matter what.

Things I want to stay the same

**Things I think we should keep the same:

• Falling Blocks not falling. if you realllyyy think about it, falling blocks having gravity would be more than useless, it would lessen our uses with the blocks.
  • Interaction with doors should stay the same. People might want others to be able to enter their build. note: the reason trapdoors should not stay the same is because people sit there and flick them all the time and they are used very differently in builds, as a more common/ decor block.
Hot Themes

My idea of Hot Themes:

• Hot themes might not be the best name, but it can help you grasp my idea better. Hot themes can be seasonal (i.e. christmas, reindeer, elf, snow fight, etc. Those are themes that would be around in the winter season). As time changes, so do the Hot Themes. Easter, Summer, Halloween, and more themes like that. They aren’t around all year, but it gives a good new feel to the game everytime you play it.
  • Keep in mind, they don’t just have to be seasonal things, they can also be “trending” things. For instance, right now a Hot Theme could be the Corona Virus, so people would be able to build a virus looking thing, and then some needles and medication stuff, etc. This type of Hot Theme would be more rare, as it has to be justified as a kid friendly theme, and as a very wide known theme at the same time.
Summary of In-Game Reporting Ideas |

As ingame Just Build reporting comes in (said here), here are a few ideas I have specifically for that:

• People that do inappropriate builds get banned from the server for the same amount of time as preffered by the owners, etc, but… they get banned from specifically the game Just Build for an extended amount of time (maybe double the amount of time from their OG ban time).
  • I am not sure how you guys are planning on making the Ingame reporting for JB work, so here is my idea for that: (assuming all of this is possible) There is a book that is in everyone’s inventory, along with the Votes. This book is named “Report Build”… or something of the sort. Whenever a build is reported, it is cloned to an “admin area”… be that another world… im not sure. Whenever the admins go to check ingame reports, they just go to the “admin area” and whenever they go into the plot of the cloned build, they get papers with the players names on it, along with the player who reported. The admin will have three voting options for the build: 1) False Report in which the player who reported gets their report book taken from them for a month. 2) Appropriate they could see why it was reported, but no need for any punishments 3) Inappropriate bans players that built the build for an amount of time. This is almost like a game for the admins, but super easy for them to get through reports quickly is the main reason I thought of this.

I honestly have more ideas, but it is 3am for me, so goodnight!
I might make another post later or something :slight_smile:
LMK of your thoughts! If you like it, hit that VOTE babyyy!! :star_struck:

I agree my system for in-game reporting is probably a bit over the top, but if they could do it, it would be the most accurate way to report, and it would be easy on the admins :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe a way of spreading lava/ water faster like for the nether theme, I understand this could be abused and cause lag, but it would assist with building alot even if it’s just a block that’s designed to look like lava/ water that you can use as the floor

3 Likes

I completely agree! I meant to include this in the post, but I will add it (with credit to your comment ofc) :smile:

5 Likes

I love these ideas! I feel that it would make just build Even better thank it already is.

5 Likes

Maybe it also takes you(and possibly party members) away from the reported build when you report

2 Likes

The report item could be either a Barrier, a book, or a Structure Void (if not possible/block unexistent, put the regular Structure Block).

or a banner to ban the builds

With the Summary of Blocks idea, I think they should also put signs and item frames.

1 Like

And pressure plates, and honey blocks when the the hive drops 1.13 support

5 Likes

I agree with item frames, but I don’t think signs are the best idea, or maybe they just keep them not functional (to where nothing can be typed on them).

2 Likes

Why? I also think we should have signs to label things

1 Like

People and immaturity is why I assume

3 Likes

Yeah but it couldn’t get much worse than it already is with just signs.

1 Like

It just seems to be more opportunity for more hate/ childishness. I think it will provide more bad than good. I see your side and what you are saying, but I think it won’t be the best addition, which I could be wrong about.

2 Likes

Actually the bad words on the signs actually get censored in the game.

1 Like

This could block some bad words but immature people will find ways to bypass it. :C

1 Like

Mojang’s word-blacklist filter needs to be updated yikes

There is now an update on just build! Extended duos mode! Just letting you all know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And if anyone was also wondering:
/queue BUILD-DUOSX

:+1:

5 Likes

thanks for the revealing Duos: Extended’s queue code c:

3 Likes