Optional harder mode for players level 30+

as a person who plays deathrun all the time, i think it would be cool for players above level 30 to have the option for harder maps (trap time less, and there would be more experienced players, along with anti-afk deaths.) those of us who play so often don’t have a challenge anymore and the challenge is what is so fun about deathrun in my opinion.

LESS COOLDOWN TIME-

• this would enhance the challenge to get through maps. its kind of a while and the deaths have to wait for so long in order to get more people out.

ANTI-AFK DEATHS-

• anti-afk deaths would help out so much, i constantly find myself in games where the deaths are not even there. have a system where people cant be inactive for 5 or so minutes before being sent to an afk room.

MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS-

• having a game packed with fully experienced players would give us more of a challenge, but this mode would only be optional! some people dont like the challenge, yet others do.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS-

-AFK ROOM-

• this is essentially just what you’d think, an afk room. this would be like a lobby where people can practice and not hold up a game. this would be for practicing and people who have something to do, having the option to go afk would be so helpful.
4 Likes

yah i agree with this post full on, i feel like sometimes deathrun isn’t really big of a challenge

1 Like

i think itd be so cool, just imagine a game packed with very experienced players, itd make it so much more challenging.

in general i think the game is already as hard as it is, just slap on some death players who’re good

1 Like

its okay, but once you get to higher levels you’re kinda just shoved in with like level 1s who barely have experience, honestly, i can see how you say its hard as it is but this is and OPTIONAL mode for people level 40+ so that we can have something more challenging again. normal deathrun wouldnt go anywhere!

also what if good players are low level, they wouldn’t be able to play that game mode, so honestly it should be a option for all levels.

1 Like

i think that this option should be available after level 40 so that lower leveled players have more of the strive to get higher in levels, we dont want people getting bored because they have nothing to work to.

but what if someone taps or presses the button for hard mode instead of normal mode, won’t that confuse players who are low level, or expect one tap and get to the game as normal but hit hard mode instead of normal mode.

1 Like

that wouldn’t happen if someone could read.

1 Like

not necessarily. sometimes you accidentally hit things.

1 Like

true though

1 Like

i do understand where you’re coming from and i dont want to argue, although i do believe a harder mode for people 40+ is more of a necessity, so many people level 40+ are getting bored of dr because they have nothing more to work towards. yea, there could be a harder option for lower leveled people, yet it doesnt seem as much of an issue for lower leveled players.

It takes a while for people to reach level 40, so I’d change this to be available for level 30+

Also as well as trap cooldown being lower, the maps could be a bit harder in general because let’s face it the maps are really easy

3 Likes

yea i agree with that, and 30+ does sound more accessible. i also think itd be nice if they imported at least a couple of the java maps, they have a ton and we have 9.

If you’re getting bored in dr, try to improve your pb on your favorite maps. That usually takes a while, even for a small improvement.

And I disagree with this suggestion in general, it would be kind of pointless, as most of the speedrunning community would avoid it(deaths usually are considered an annoying rng-like factor to speedrunning)

Alternatively, it could be every 30 levels, with ULTRA MODE on level 60+ when that gets added.

1 Like