Option of tying in just build games

Ok so I haven’t seen this suggested at all, but many games iv played the top 3 players have all received the same score
However people still come 1st,2nd,3rd which I assume is done alphabetically, idk if the player listed as 3rd gets the same XP as the player listed as first and even if they do players should either all get first next to there name or all be put on one line
This should also occur for people that get the same score and end up coming 4th or 5th, they should be acknowledged on the same line as 3rd place and get equal Xp

Let me know your opinions on this!!
Thank you.

1 Like

I like this! I’m not sure if they would do this, though. Also, this should go in #suggestions.

4 Likes

Sorry fixed it @anon14919351

2 Likes

It’s all ok! Just trying to keep things organized! :slight_smile: (Also, you can vote for your own suggestion!)

2 Likes

This! Though I doubt they would add something like a tie system, they really need to. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in anywhere from 4th to my max even being 6th with the same score as at least someone in the top 3, if not all of them. It’s really discouraging to get 2nd with the same amount of points as first but even more so to get 4th with the same points as first. We really can’t tell if you get more exp without like a full session all on the same page to test it, but assuming that 1st-3rd get more exp, it’s really unfair that ties get shoved down the ladder.

As for a system, they probably would have to make a separate “room” to spawn you in for extra podiums but my suggestion to avoid having to make anything at all besides a 3 custom NPCs is this; there’s 3 letters in tie and 3 podiums, so in the event of a tie instead of having players on the podiums it’s just T I E with a little message in chat saying “it was a tie between insert names” for whatever place was tied. I have no clue about what to do with it showing the build of 1st though so that’s the biggest problem I see with this.

2 Likes

Ok so I have an idea for this that will probably solve some tie problems.

• If at least 2 players are in a tie, then the player who has the most « Loves » wins.
  • If there’s still a tie after this, then the player who has the most « Good » wins.
  • If the tie isn’t solved, then all players get 1st place.
4 Likes

Honestly this suggestion would solve it, but I don’t think it would do the players justice as they have all received that mark for a reason, like why shouldn’t it go off the least amount of Meh’s??? It would show that people overall like your build more.

1 Like

With the voting going from 3 choices to 5 choice (presumably), I think tying won’t be nearly as big of a problem, as the scores you can get vary a lot more.
It is a good idea, however, as I think having the same score should result in the same placement.

I do like @Ptitjoueur123 idea of a way to break the tie.

5 Likes

BUMP because this would have saved me so much time today while doing a quest and this needs to be implemented.