Opt in to Seek

Some people just want to seek, hiding gets boring pretty quickly, especially at higher levels. Sure, you can just hit the seeker and they’ll kill you, leading to you being a seeker that game, but oftentimes the first seeker is afk or in other times is a straight-up pacifist, leading the game to choose someone randomly to be a seeker. By the time that happens though, you’ve lost around a minute and some of being a seeker because you couldn’t opt in to be one. That minute could easily cost you a seeker win as well. A simple solution is just to add a way to force yourself into seeking, either command or some item in your hotbar. Either way, do consider adding this If you can. I just want to ruin the lives of other blocks.

5 Likes

What if multiple people do the command

i think it would be cool, but if loads of people are using it, it’ll take a while to load into a server with everyone who doesn’t want to be a seeker

1 Like

Maybe there could be a menu that lets you choose whether you want to be a seeker or a hider. If multiple people want to be a seeker, one person will be chosen randomly from the list of people who want to be seeker, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this ruin the entire random aspect as well

I don’t think that the random aspect of being a hider or seeker is as much of a draw in Hide and Seek. In Death Run it’s more of a pull factor as you can’t become a Death after the game begins, but in Hide and Seek it’s entirely possible to become a seeker if you don’t spawn as one. I think the ideal system would allow you to select whether you want to be a hider or seeker, and then to pick one seeker, prioritising the players who opted in as seekers. In my opinion, this can only improve player experience, as it makes it more likely that you will get the role that you want to play.

1 Like