On the current state of coins and the one shot bow

With the release of the newest MM update, many things have changed in regards to the one shot bow. Coins are now far easier to amass, and in some cases you do not even require coins. This is all coming from the perspective of a MM main.

In regards to pigment:
Currently, pigment is my least favorite map. The gameplay is wildly different from the others. In its current state, if you collect the three cubes, you get a one shot bow. I don’t have a problem with that, however, the problem comes in because you can still get it before collecting 10 coins. I suggest that if you collect all three cubes, you only receive an arrow and not an entire bow. The bow should be preserved for once you get 10 coins, in which case you would then have 2 arrows if you collected the cubes. Coins are also far too common on this map, and should be a bit more rare.

In regards to the new coins:
Quite obviously, if you’ve played the new update, you will notice it is much easier to collect a large amount of coins. This is my guess as to why the coin xp cap was increased. However, my problem with this is that the one shot bow is much easier to obtain. I simply suggest that the coin requirement for getting the one shot bow gets pushed from 10 coins to 20 coins.

In regards to the coin xp cap:
Previously the xp cap was 30 coins, but it has been pushed to 40. On the survey, there are even talks of pushing it to 50. I highly disagree with this and would either like it to return to 30 coins, or make it so that the more coins you gather, the less xp they give you.
My reasoning for this is that some players now prolong the game (which I will remind you is against the hive rules! And has been a problem for awhile) by collecting coins instead of murdering. They assume that collecting coins will grant them more xp than killing players, so they decide to do that. I will attach a picture I took as proof. Maybe another solution to this could be giving more xp for killing players.

I touched briefly on these topics in a previous post, but it rightfully got taken down as it was more feedback than suggestions. In this post I wanted to go into more detail on how these problems could be solved.

3 Likes

These are all good suggestions, however i do not agree that the one shot bow should be 20 coins. In most situations the murderer would win before someone gets 20 coins. I agree with everything else you say however :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same as Starrdoom

Maybe make it so that one shot bow is 15 coins

2 Likes

Pigment is one of my favorite maps bc the gameplay is different if they took away the cubes then it would just be a regular map with nothing special

1 Like

I agree that the cubes are a good idea, I just think that they should be tweaked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree that cubes should be tweaked and that murderers shouldn’t be incentivized to coin rush before killing. However, I feel like there are different ways to do both of those things.

Alternative changes for Cubes:

• Make them spawn after 30 seconds
  • make them cost 2 coins
  • make them give u an arrow not an entire bow (what u said)

Changes to make the murderer not coin rush

• Make murderers not get xp from coins
  • Make murderers have a 15 coin coin xp cap (and balance this by increasing xp from murders obv)
  • after 1 minutes of playing have a message that says “kill all the innocents or you lose” that appears for the murderer and after 2 minutes remove a murderer who hasn’t yet killed from the game
  • After 2 minutes without killing make the murderer emit particles to show who it is

These are just some ideas

3 Likes

Those are great alternatives. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

This may be tweaked. As of right now Pigment has received the highest ratings in the survey, and is the most voted map.

I disagree with this. Based on the server survey, of 10,000 answers, most people support increasing the XP coin cap further. As such, I intend to do this.

That being said, holding up the game is something I would like to tweak, too. We are currently considering capping the XP coins to a much lower number for the murderer, and increasing XP per kill to balance this out.

This is unnegotiable. Not because it’s a bad idea, or we’re stubborn, but because I don’t want to change such a core premise/understanding. It’s known that 10 coins gives you a bow, and as such, changing it would create a lot of confusion. Additionally, special coins don’t spawn in for the first 45 seconds to 1 minute, which was the average time to get a bow. This can be increased further if needed.

5 Likes

Fair points, and thank you for finally acknowledging the prolonging of games on behalf of the Hive. This has been a massive issue for months and it has driven many devout MM players away from the game. I’m glad to hear that you are thinking of solutions.

1 Like

Fr this needs to be added
Make a separate suggestion and I’ll vote

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say that this post is resolved with the latest MM update. Great changes were made :slight_smile:

1 Like