Nicking for Leaderboard players

I addressed why it shouldn’t be for hive plus earlier

1 Like

I saw but if they make nicks random and don’t let you pick it will be fine. I’m grinding a bit on tw and i’m not even level 50 yet i get either teamed on or crossmapped

Why does it matter if people who have plus may not need it? The way I see it, you either vouch for it to be added to hive plus, or you become a youtuber. The Hive isn’t going to give it just to grinders unless they have a way of doing it automatically

2 Likes

Ok but you clearly didn’t read what I said. In my reasons I mentioned that you would need to application to get the ability to nick because it shouldn’t be given out to a large portion of the player base. Also, making people pay for the ability to nick isn’t really something that some people would view worth it for buying hive plus.

Hive probably won’t want to have applications like this. It can be given out to large portion of the player base if they are randomly made, like unikern said, unlike yt and streamer nicks

1 Like

Apps wouldn’t work as well at all. You would end up losing even more games due to waiting for it to be answered

1 Like

The requirements are so limited that there wouldn’t be that many apps after a week anyways

YES cheffy is pure genius i would love to be able to nick myself so people will not target me

Then the people who don’t get a chance to send an app would still get targeted. Hive+ would be better

1 Like

He’s a genius for the idea, not for how he wants to implement it. @Hlzyzptlk what’s your opinion, from a staff point of view?

3 Likes

You’re assuming that people who don’t meet the requirements won’t apply.
I don’t know about the Hive’s Helper applications, but on Hypixel, they constantly receive Helper applications that don’t even meet the basic requirements.

4 Likes

^ It’s really bad when non leaderboard players get targeted. I’m a tw solo main so i get crossmapped or teamed on because of getting the first treasure

2 Likes

Same person using 2 accounts?

10 Likes

hmmmm wonder who it could be

1 Like

hes not talking about you lmao

i just realised that the second that i looked the screenshots lmao

while I do know who that is and he did want to vote idk why he voted on 2 accounts. I don’t want the votes boosted on this like that cause I want honest opinion on this

He thought he was being sneaky lmao

Facts, idk I’d rather he not but whatever I can’t control others

Full disclosure, I haven’t read through this thread as I only skimmed the first post. However, I really don’t see this as something we would add.

For starters, you’re right in that it would absolutely be abused. Whether that’s by making bad names or by using the nick to commit chat offences. It would then be even harder than usual for us to track people to get their actual name.

Secondly, having it be something to apply for or be given is always going to be an issue. Firstly because that requires a lot of bias on our part in saying who can or can’t be trusted, but also because the people who don’t get it will wonder why. I also can’t imagine it would be easy from a dev point of view to give the command to certain people and not others, especially if you want to limit it to people on the leaderboards.

And finally, how are we supposed to track users if we need to when nicking shows them as offline? Offline is a universal thing, we can’t limit that just to people who are friends with users or something.

Nicking is something causes a hell of a lot of issues no matter how you look at it or what ways you try to fix it. It would also call for a lot more moderation on our part. I understand that being targeted is an issue for some but remember that it is a reportable offence. Furthermore, your level is more likely to get you targeted than your leaderboard status, which would still be on show when nicked. I believe someone already suggested level scrambling somewhere which would work a lot better than nicking in my opinion.

12 Likes