Nicking for Leaderboard players

If they add it, they need to make it a perk for everyone, or for plus

The problem with making it available to everyone is that some players would try to abuse the privilege through inappropriate nicks and using the chat in a way that could hurt another person in game.

1 Like

targeting over multiple games is actually bannable. please dont target its scummy

i think this is a good idea, except it should be a random xbox username like “FortunateSun29348” and randomize your level. you should not be able to choose your own nick

10 Likes

Completely agree uni! Hive is also planning giving more perks to plus anyway, so plus would be a good way to introduce it

2 Likes

The pool of hive plus players is too large for a new idea/feature like this to be implemented into it, as most people with hive plus won’t even need to use it.

Wouldn’t it be better if they were shown as online, but with their nick instead. If a nicked players isn’t shown as online, wouldn’t everyone immediately know they’re a nicked leaderboard player?

I agree, this would be better in the case that you could be able to appear offline on your hive friends list (like you can on xbox). However, since that is not currently a feature, I believe that people just appearing offline when nicked is a better idea (for now).

If they added nicks for players it should either be given to hive+ or they will make a new rank for it

2 Likes

I addressed why it shouldn’t be for hive plus earlier

1 Like

I saw but if they make nicks random and don’t let you pick it will be fine. I’m grinding a bit on tw and i’m not even level 50 yet i get either teamed on or crossmapped

Why does it matter if people who have plus may not need it? The way I see it, you either vouch for it to be added to hive plus, or you become a youtuber. The Hive isn’t going to give it just to grinders unless they have a way of doing it automatically

2 Likes

Ok but you clearly didn’t read what I said. In my reasons I mentioned that you would need to application to get the ability to nick because it shouldn’t be given out to a large portion of the player base. Also, making people pay for the ability to nick isn’t really something that some people would view worth it for buying hive plus.

Hive probably won’t want to have applications like this. It can be given out to large portion of the player base if they are randomly made, like unikern said, unlike yt and streamer nicks

1 Like

Apps wouldn’t work as well at all. You would end up losing even more games due to waiting for it to be answered

1 Like

The requirements are so limited that there wouldn’t be that many apps after a week anyways

YES cheffy is pure genius i would love to be able to nick myself so people will not target me

Then the people who don’t get a chance to send an app would still get targeted. Hive+ would be better

1 Like

He’s a genius for the idea, not for how he wants to implement it. @Hlzyzptlk what’s your opinion, from a staff point of view?

3 Likes

You’re assuming that people who don’t meet the requirements won’t apply.
I don’t know about the Hive’s Helper applications, but on Hypixel, they constantly receive Helper applications that don’t even meet the basic requirements.

4 Likes

^ It’s really bad when non leaderboard players get targeted. I’m a tw solo main so i get crossmapped or teamed on because of getting the first treasure

2 Likes