New report option for spawn killing

Bro, I can’t solve all of ur problems. And it’s totally fine if you have problems with it, but I’m going to try to defend this topic as much as I can.

2 Likes

i think that the original spawn prot is in a decent place and adding something like this would just be hard to code and start way more problems then it solves

1 Like

I totally respect your opinion

2 Likes

as do i to you

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

2 Likes

umm… not really…

just make barriers that only affect players with the tag of the opposite team or make a few blocks that the other team simply isnt allowed on
if youre talking about this though

then… why
just add a button to the report menu that stores slightly different data
I dont mean to be rude but if you dont know how to code, dont say that something would be hard to code. also yes I know python and a bit of html and c++
(if Im wrong please correct me on any of this)

5 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was Abt to say lol

The OG spawn prot is HORRIBLE
Yesterday I was teaching my friend how to play CTF, and these players kept on spawn killing. It doesn’t help that they give you LITERALLY 5 SECONDS to get ready.

3 Likes

Its against the rules. Ask a mod

2 Likes

Probably won’t be added, as many people would incorrectly report players. The reason being is that spawn killing is allowed in a way(most likely the way it happens majority of the time) which is spawn killing while someone on your team captures the flag. I’ll word it again just to make sure I said it correct. It’s allowed as long as you aren’t prolonging the game. But, spawn killing without someone capturing the flag is reportable.

3 Likes

I agree with this, but this doesn’t mean it won’t be added. If people just incorrectly report players, they would receive a punishment (of some sort) like it says when you are reporting a player.

2 Likes

The Hive isn’t at a position that they could handle much more reports, once they fix that they could add more reporting options like this and targetting. Pretty sure they removed one option due to it being used incorrectly as well, uhhh, was it team griefing? Idk, I just remember one was removed due to it causing so much extra reports they couldn’t handle and most of them being used incorrectly anyways.

2 Likes

then get better.

Yeah, If you don’t have money just get richer lol. If you don’t have a family just get one. If you’re bad at a game just get better, NO PRACTICE NEEDED :). I sincerely apologize, this reply made me EXTREMELY mad.

Back on topic, I think they could just increase the spawn protection timer to 8, 10 seconds?

how

How is it possible to not have a new post liked by @Bubblez705 (sorry for the ping, and I don’t mean to offend u lol)

2 Likes

of course it takes time. but why play CTF OF ALL GAMES for practice

They should add 10 secs recover time, and then the only spawn killing would be teammate covering (when he’s getting da flag) in my opinion problem solved.

1 Like

Are you talking to me? lol

And if so, it’s ok, I don’t really take things super personal. :+1:

2 Likes

The problem simply is theres no category to put the report in and it could be seen as abuse of reports

I know html, so i agree with you

1 Like

I agree with this, I think spawn killing is a huge issue as people party up together and then have the plan mostly of speedrunning the game by 2 people protecting, 2 people getting the flag and 2 people killing the others from spawn, it means the games are unplayable as the queues tend to mean it’s already a 6v3, I think it should be for multiple times / a clear intent to not let the others leave spawn as a one-off will happen but repetitive action should be taken

3 Likes