New Minigame - Parkour

Idea: New Minigame - Parkour

For my second ever post, I would like to recommend a game - Parkour! You can go head-to-head with other players in this fun game mode!

More information:
XP would be 1XP per checkpoint, and 10XP for winning. This may seem small, and hard to level up, but it’s a 1v1, and there’s a 50% chance you’ll win.

Summary:
So all in all, I think this would be a great addition to the hive, and let me know what you think. I’ll do my best to reply to comments, and any feedback would be nice! :smile:

If it’s like Cubecrafts game then I don’t see this being added since The Hive likes to be original.

Yes but they can add some of their own variation. The hive is great at that. They took skywars, and added ores, so they could probably find a way to make parkour their own type of game mode.

Parkour is a gamemode that literally can be found everywhere.

The version you are suggesting is very bare bones and simple, and it doesn’t fit on a server like the hive where everything has a twist.

It just doesn’t fit with the other games.

2 Likes

Interesting suggestion… I don’t believe this would fit particularly well on the Hive for three reasons.

1. The Hive already has parkour in the hub… in my opinion there really is not much to be added in mini-game form.
  2. As mentioned, other servers already do this so it wouldn’t be original.
  3. The Hive already has a “race” game-mode where you can compete with other players in Death Run.
    Just my initial thoughts though… :penguin: :slight_smile:

deathrun is drastically different from this, in the very least I wouldn’t compare it to this

Death Run is different from parkour yes… but the racing style of the game they suggested is very similar. I think it is way to similar to add it as a distinct game mode. If anything, add more parkour-heavy maps to death run.

Even with the mutual race factor, Deathrun and plain old parkour are two very different things both gamplay wise, and on the board wise.

Deathrun has little to no parkour skill needed. You just have to learn when to not be in a trap, and also know when to vault.

also, that’s not a very good idea. That would just make the game more annoying than it already is.

I happen to disagree… as stated above, I believe the game-play is far to similar to justify adding a brand new game mode entirely. However, my opinion is not the end-all of opinions :joy: Vote for the suggestion if you think this is unique enough to add to the Hive. But once again, between the Hub’s parkour and Deathrun’s racing aspect, I don’t think this is a unique enough idea. :slight_smile:

Alright - this wasn’t one of my best ideas. I just wanted to know what everybody thought of it. Now I know that most people didn’t like it. I guess this just isn’t the type of thing that would go on the hive.