New game: Castle Battles

Castle Battles is basically a game where there are two teams (Red and Blue) that have to go through the opposing team’s portal to earn the most amount of points within 12 minutes. Whenever you kill a player, you get a gold ingot along with the gold ingots they had. These gold ingots can be used to buy better items and armor. Each team has a castle-like base, stranded in a certain environment depending on the map. This can kinda be compared to Hypixel Bridges or Capture the Flag. However, the difference here is that there is no need to bridge. You just run towards the opposing team’s base. You can always buy blocks with gold, but you don’t need to bridge. Blocks are used for defending your portal from the opposing team. Once you go through the opposing team’s portal, in 5 seconds, you will be sent back to spawn at your base. However, if you die trying, you will lose your items and armor. Ender Chests are also available to prevent you from losing special items that you will need for later. Here are the items you start with…

• Wooden Sword
  • x32 wool
  • Dyed leather Armor
  • A set of Wooden Tools

And here are items that you can buy with gold…

• Stone Sword: 5 Gold
  • Iron Sword: 10 Gold
  • Diamond Sword: 15 Gold
  • Stone Pickaxe/Axe: 5 Gold
  • Iron Pickaxe/Axe: 10 Gold
  • Diamond Pickaxe/Axe: 15 Gold
  • x16 Wool: 5 Gold
  • x16 Wood: 10 Gold
  • x16 Andesite: 15 Gold
  • Chainmail Armor: 10 Gold
  • Iron Armor: 20 Gold
  • Diamond Armor: 30 Gold
  • Bow: 10 Gold
  • x8 Arrows: 5 Gold
  • Ender Pearl: 10 Gold
  • x4 Snowballs: 5 Gold
  • x2 Golden Apples: 10 Gold
  • Wall Builder: 15 Gold

At the center of the map, there is also special loot that you can get. Here is the loot that you can obtain from the chest…

• 1-4 Diamonds
  • A Stone or Iron Tool/Weapon
  • A piece of Chainmail or Iron Armor
  • 4-8 Gold
  • 8-12 Wood Planks
  • 12-16 Wool
  • 4-8 Andesite
  • A Bow
  • 4-8 Arrows
  • 2-4 Snowballs
  • An Ender Pearl (Rare chance)

Diamonds can be used to buy team upgrades such as enchantments or special effects. Here are the things you can buy with Diamonds…

• Sharpness Upgrade (1-2): 5 Diamonds
  • Protection Upgrade (1-2): 5 Diamonds
  • Power Upgrade (1-2): 5 Diamonds
  • Haste Effect: 2 Diamonds
  • Speed Effedt: 2 Diamonds
  • Regeneration Effect: 2 Diamonds

Here’s some ideas for unlockables…

• Projectile trails
  • Wall Particles
  • Death Effects
  • Capture Phrase

Maybe this game could also have multiple different modes…

• Normal Mode (12 players on each team, normal-sized maps)
  • Mini Mode (8 players on each team, smaller maps)
  • Mega Mode (16 players on each team, bigger maps)
  • Sky Mode (12 players on each team, team bases are on different islands, plays similarly to Hypixel Bridges)

Anyways, that’s about it for Castle Battles! What do you guys think?

This is a really cool idea! Although it isn’t perfect, I’d like see how Hive would implement this

7 Likes

Wait wait wait, why do I get Deja Vu from this concept of this game??? Where did I discover this??

1 Like

This sounds like a nice idea, I love the depth you went in to also! I should think renaming the game would be a good plan for the server too as there is currently skywars and treasure wars, and sometimes groundwars and I feel it would sound repetitive.

2 Likes

You’re probably thinking of Castle Siege from Mineplex. And yes, this is somewhat similar, but it plays differently from it.

1 Like

BUMPITY BUMP

I still stand by this idea. I think this would fit well on The Hive!

I changed the name to Castle Battles because Castle Wars just sounds repetitive

This is a great type of team game that I would love to see on the hive. To have a more pvp team based game where the void is not a big factor. It is a intresting blend of playstyles and gameplay I think.

1 Like

So basically Tower wars from InPVP but with a portal instead of a flag, Team upgrade, and center loot?

1 Like

I mean, it shares the same concept. However, there are no generators, there is no void in most modes, and the other stuff you said. I do think this would be great to add anyways.

1 Like

A cool name would be Castle Siege. Great new game idea. Best of luck. :slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I mean, Mineplex already had the name Castle Siege. I don’t want to just take that name completely.

I’d rather come up with something new

1 Like

Maybe it could be called Hive Battles or could be also be used with the swarm system and battles against swarms maybe.

2 Likes

Since we’re talking about names, “Castlers” is a bad one is it?

1 Like

Ehh… Castle Battles would still fit well. The Hive uses a variety of different themes for their mini games, it’s not just bees and honey.

1 Like

Since we’re talking about names, “Castlers” is a bad one is it?

Ehhhh It could be better

2 Likes

Yeah, probably could be better ._.