New Developer Jon

Hey bees! I’m Jon or ctdmodding. I joined the development team here at Hive Games 2 months ago now, and I’ve been having a blast! I can’t wait for you to experience all things we have in the works for you guys.

About me: I love dogs and have 2 giant bernease mountain dogs, which you can find pictures of on my Twitter if I recall correctly. I started writing java code in back 2013, and have been growing my skills since then. My love for developing minigames in Redstone is actually what sparked my interest in wanting to learn how to code. I’ve always loved Minecraft and I hope to see you while I’m hanging around in the Hub or on our Discord!

39 Likes

Hey Jon!

Nice to meet you here on the forums. I found your twitter maybe like days ago and indeed I saw the dog photos :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

hey jon!
nice to meet you!
(pls help me, idk what else to say ;-; )

5 Likes

Garfield and Jon jokes aside, welcome to the forums!

13 Likes

Hello Jon!! Nice to meet you. You and all the other devs are doing great, and you will probably continue to do great!!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums Jon!:partying_face:

I want to become a developer like yourself one day and am currently learning how to code using python, but will hopefully learn how to code using java next year and C++ one day as well!

13 Likes

Welcome, cool developer guy :D
:cake:

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums! I saw you in the staff list on discord! Glad to see ya here!

Also have a skelebobby :skull:

8 Likes

dogdogdogdogdogdogdogdog

4 Likes

Very cool! Python was actually the first language I started with and it’s a pretty good foundation for when you start Java!

7 Likes

He Welcome to the forums Jon!!

If don’t mind I might some day ask you about programming because I am learning Game Dev to be more specific I want to code some stuff in Minecraft.

Anyways Welcome :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome Jon :slight_smile:

I create Discord bots, and skin packs (JavaScript)

7 Likes

Hi Jon!! Welcome to the forums! If I recall correctly, you already were in the forums but I think this your late introduction.

I know Java till Intermediate Level and am hoping to learn R or Python coz why not.
OwO you like dogs :dog: Cats are my fav so we clash in that level ://

4 Likes

Welcome ctd! Can’t wait to see what you and the team have in store! :eyes:

7 Likes

Hi Jon welcome, It’s cool to see a developer join the forums haha, and I would also want to be a dev like @EnchantedUwU said, btw how did you start off learning java script, Im still in the basics and trying to learn more about it, do you have any tips on what to look and focus at on java programs? I learned about Python last year and it’s pretty cool, C++ I have some interest in tbh, and I gotta say you devs have all the knowledge (You’re big brain) Most importantly, Keep making Hive fun and awesome, the dev team is doing great!! (And again welcome) :wink:

5 Likes

Oh hey, a new dev joining the forums! Welcome, Jon!

Pretty sure he’s not. xBqb might be just spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Can’t wait to see what the Hive can be with you on the Hive team!

5 Likes

Jon is not our anticheat dev :+1:

17 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Coding seems really epic, but I’m to lazy to learn it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcomes! To expand on what Mr. Clank said, I won’t be working on any anticheat code, I will be focusing on minigames and other things since that’s what I do best! :grinning:

19 Likes