Nerf protection armor

After several times where I have died to people with ridiculously high amounts of remaining health in fights where I seemed to be dominating fairly well, I noticed a common link between all of them was that my opponent had the protection 1 diamond helmet. After running some tests on the Hive and in private worlds to compare, I have fairly conclusive proof that the defense value for the prot 1 helmet is MUCH higher than it should be. In the clip I have (cant attach because file type isnt supported) it shows me getting hit 13 times with an iron sword and taking 0 damage, while when tested in a survival world with no natural regen to simulate the Hiveā€™s very slow regen rate, I took 6 1/2 hearts of damage. I feel it is completely unfair that an armor piece is that strong, especially since they say its prot 1 when it is definitely MUCH stronger than that. I dont know if this is a bug or not, but either way please nerf it to where itā€™s supposed to be.

thatā€™s probably the absorption hearts they are broken. prot isnā€™t that bad considering you only get it from the mystery chest

10 Likes

I saw a video someone shared on discord where they literally took no damage from 13 hits with and iron sword
Edit: @AfloatSign135221 was the one who sent the video lol, didnā€™t read the username

5 Likes

sharp 1 doesnā€™t really do anything tbh same damage as diamond sword

2 Likes

Oh rlly, should just use diamond then.

It still getā€™s the point across tho, taking no damage shouldnā€™t be possible.

4 Likes

very true . even though itā€™s not possible to get 4/4 prot iā€™m pretty sure. the only prot iā€™ve ever gotten was helmet and boots

3 Likes

Iā€™d recommend always using the sharp 1 iron sword over the diamond because then people wonā€™t know if you have the sharp 1 or 2. :+1:

10 Likes

@AfloatSign135221 said they only had prot 1 helmet

2 Likes

there is also boots. iā€™ve gotten both in the same mystery chest. then there is a blast prot chestplate. Then idk about leggings

2 Likes

Yeah, I had the same problem. I used a sharp 2 Iron Sword with full diamond and even with the insane combos I got, my opponent took no damage whatsoever. The protection enchantment needs to be nerfed as it makes people take little to no damage even though they are being hit with a sharp 2 Iron Sword.

3 Likes

@SoccerMaster is right the red Stone ore gives hearts.

3 Likes

The thread isnā€™t about restone ore.

4 Likes

Honestly if you have any knowledge of the game then your gonna get the same gear, each player starts out with the same stuff and can end with the same stuff if they play it correctly, mining ores etc, they might have protection, but you could have life spells, grapples and other stuff to counter it

1 Like

honestly, very true
ive gone against people with full dia armor and my sharp 2 sword, and they still manage to kill me even tho i hit them like 10 times
i see how much damage i dealt, its ā€œthey had 8.5 hearts leftā€ like bruh how

1 Like

This is a small bump but hear me out, prot is broken. Literally, Iā€™ve had people on 6 hearts left when I clearly did more than that. Itā€™s very annoying and yes it should be nerfed.

2 Likes

Once with @BlueSlimeMC we were playing SW DUOS and a random Diamond Helmet Prot 1 showed up.
I strafed to not get hit. I hit him way more times than he did, I still died, and he had a couple more heartsā€¦

2 Likes

Dude, I think I have plenty of knowledge of the game considering I have a 74% wr, 20 k/d, and I was #47 on the May leaderboard after only a week of playing. Statistically speaking I am a very good player (although looks can be deceiving I guess lol) and this gives me problems. Theres no ā€˜skillā€™ to getting a prot 1 helm, I have had situations where I mined ~20 emerald ore looking for one and didnt get it. Also gaps make no difference if youre already at 15 hearts, and life spells give me the equivalent of a 25% hp boost, but thats irrelevant when my opponent is already 3x tankier than I am.

3 Likes

Agreed. Protection needs to be nerfed if they even consider adding Netherite armor ā€“ please donā€™t.

2 Likes

I want your free time

2 Likes

I have this problem and it gives players a unfair advantage, this is a good suggestion for SkyWars.

1 Like