My thoughts and suggestions for Survival Games

First, I want to say SG is already a great game, even though it is in beta. I have already grinded to level 21 so far and have had a lot of fun doing it! Though it has some problems, things that should be in the game but isn’t, and a couple of ideas to pitch in. I’ll start with some problems and lesser known ones.

Issues/Problems:

Locating Supply Drops

I know this has been mentioned countless times before, but I really should put it in here. Locating supply drops are a pain, and you would have to be lucky to find one randomly.

Possible Solution:

Add a compass that points to where the most recent supply drop is located. This should be easy, as supply drops spawn in set locations.

Supply Drops in general

The loot you get from supply drops is quite weird at the moment. Sometimes you can get 4 bows and a couple of arrows, or 2 sets of full diamond armor. And yes, this has happened to me before. Due to locating supply drops, looting one may not even be worth it as the loot is so incredibly weird most of the time.

Possible Solution:

Balance the loot tables for supply drops.

Diamond Swords

This is an issue I have seen nobody talk about. Diamond swords. If someone has a leather chestplate or leggings, you can hit them 3 times, and kill them. It’s not only unfair to players that didn’t get lucky enough to find better armor, especially at deathmatch., but also people who are looting a chest and can’t get out of it in time to turn around and fight the person with a diamond sword.

Possible Solution:

Make leather armor more scarce, and balance how often you get it.

bOw sPamMinG

no

Possible Solution:

go away

Lets talk about some ideas…

Ideas/Suggestions:

Bounty

I, like many people, loved MCSG (Its reopening in the near future too!) One thing I was also quite fond of was a bounty system. This is how it worked. If you are a spectator, you can set a bounty on someone using points you earn while playing. If someone kills the person that has the bounty, you get the points. Something similar to this on the Hive would be a cool feature to have (of course after bugs are patched and stuff :L)

Chest Refills

Almost forgot this one. But ill keep it short. Just restock the chests at a certain time. Boom, more gameplay.

Welp, I’ve spent about 45 mins on this.

If you want to discuss anything I talked about in this topic feel free to leave a comment (anything about bow spamming will most likely be ignored by me)

1 Like

Great post. These are the changes we need. Surprisingly, there is nothing in this post I disagree with. I hope most of these are implemented.

1 Like

Locating supply drops: just memorize them like everyone else.

What in the world is a “balanced” loot table supposed to look like. A loot table is always luck even with better rates it’s all chance.

With the leather armor getting 3 shot it’s just bad luck most people who only have leather armor are people who stay around the edges of the map not going to the big loot places where people die a lot or it’s just BAD LUCK.

Bow spamming: Just learn how to counter it and I swear the Hive will just say get good plebs eventually. I don’t bow spam I think it’s fair because bow spamming is most effective when your opponent runs into the arrows. Like most players do.

The bounty is really cool idea actually if the Hive does put it in awesome.

Chest Refills: No game is too short it in my opinion.

SG is a rng based game everything is random if you good loot awesome if you get bad loot pray your pvp skills are top notch. An RNG based game is hard to make more fair expect for making every chest exactly the same. And like the Hunger Games say “May the odds be ever in your favor” so good luck.

1 Like

I appreciate the critisism!

If a player is new, a compass would be a good tool. If you memorize the supply drop spots, cool, throw the compass out.

Yes, there isn’t really a good way to fix the leather armor issue. I just mentioned it exists.

Bow spamming, “anything about bow spamming will most likely be ignored by me”

Chest refills are a meh, I totally agree.

2 Likes

What about player trackers? Usually, much of the late game is running around and not finding the last people because sometimes they hide. There should be a player tracker so you can keep doing what the game is intended to do without running around aimlessly.

3 Likes

This would be a great idea to add :slight_smile:

1 Like