Murder Mystery XP Discrepancies

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
Murder Mystery, Quests, Support Website (The Hive - XP)

What is the bug?
The “Gain 300 XP in Murder Mystery” quest progression (and potentially any other MM XP-related quests as well if they exist) and the Support Website’s section on MM XP do not match what is actually handed out in-game.

For the quests, two things are incorrect. First, collecting a gold coin gives you 2 XP for the quest progression while in-game you get 3 XP. Second, XP earned from “Killing the Murderer” is not counted toward the progression of the quest.

For the website, gold coins are listed to give you 2 XP each, but they actually give you 3 XP in-game. I do understand that this is not a section for website bugs, though given the context I thought it was worth mentioning.

With further testing this, it appears that your overall XP does increase accurately depending on what the game awarded you.

Device(s) & Version
This should be applicable across all platforms and versions, though in my testings I was playing on the Windows 10 edition on v1.16.210.

Screenshots and/or video:
Here is an example: https://imgur.com/a/8mFuc1e

The first photo shows me at the beginning of a game with an active quest with 72/300 progress in it. After playing a game and earning 104 XP in it, my progress turned to 138/200, increasing only by 66. I collected 8 coins, survived for 150 seconds, survived until the end, and the murderer was killed.

In-game Math: 24 XP (8 coins) + 25 XP (surviving 150s) + 25 XP (surviving until the end) + 30 XP (killing the murderer) = 104 XP
Quest Math: 16 XP (8 coins) + 25 XP (surviving 150s) + 25 XP (surviving until the end) = 66 XP

Hey there :wave:

We have just tested this extensively and as far as we can see, the values on the website accurately reflect the amount of base XP given in-game, you get 2XP per coin, and 30XP for killing the murderer.

You may be getting confused as only base XP is counted towards quest progress, without modifiers (Hive+, XP boosters, login streak bonuses, etc.)

If you have any videos showing you not being rewarded XP/quest progress for killing the murderer, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like