Murder Mystery Coin Bug

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
What was affected - please include the region, and the name of the map if applicable
Game Name: Murder Mystery
Map Name: Eso Hotel
Region: NA (North America)

What is the bug?
A detailed description/explanation of the bug
Only a single coin during the entire round spawned in. The game went on for around 3 minutes and not a single coin spawned in. All the innocents can do was rely on the sheriff to kill the murderer since we couldn’t get our one shot zapper. I stayed after getting killed to spectate just to make sure no more coins were spawning in and I was right.

Device(s) & Version
What platform do you play on (Win10, Xbox, Switch, iOS, Android or PS4) and what version of Minecraft are you using?
I was playing on Windows 10 on version 1.16.220

Screenshots and/or video:
Screenshots or videos of the bug, if it applies

In the screenshot, you can see the the murderer got the most amount of coins collected for the entire round, but you can also see that he/she only got 1 coin. You can also see that he/she got 11 kills for the round before being killed. It takes quite awhile for a player to reach 11 kills in Murder Mystery. By the time the murderer got 11 kills, surely someone would have collected more than 1 coin for the whole match, but as the image shows, the most number of coins anyone got was 1 meaning that no coins (besides the 1) spawned at all for the whole round.

Hey there :wave:

Thanks for submitting a bug report.

This is due to a larger issue where custom server settings are occassionally applied to games. This issue has been logged already, and it will hopefully be fixed soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like