Michael Myers (or The Slasher) Murder Mystery Gamemode Variant

This gamemode would be similar to murder mystery, except it has a few tweaks. It ALWAYS takes place during the night. The slasher (Michael Myers) will have night vision BUT slowness effects when he wields his knife, so the slasher must be strategic with his kills. Bright particle effects and other methods could be used to let players know who the slasher is. The slasher will wield a big cutting knife as he does in the movies and it will work similar to the trident, you can melee attack with it and also throw it. As with a trident, you will have to pick it back up after you throw it. Similar to the murder mystery blade, it’s a one hit KO. Civilians have no effects. HOWEVER they carry a stun baton with them that can be used every minute if they catch the slasher off guard (they will have to wait a minute after the game starts to use it), and the stun will inflict nausea and slowness for 10 seconds. The game will last 15 minutes and the map will be quite expansive, giving civilians a variety of places to run off to and hide. This creates a problem for the slasher, as they may not have enough time to kill everybody. This is where the ender pearls come in. You know how when a person is running from the slasher in the movies and all of a sudden the slasher ends up right in front of them? This is what the ender pearl equates to. There will be a thirty second cool down between usage. Also, there will be various trapdoors leading to secret underground passages across the map, and the slasher will be given a compass halfway through the game.

I have already started building this map, but it will take a team of builders to accomplish this. I’d be willing to help create the map if you do consider adding this gamemode to Java and Bedrock. But either way, I really hope you add this gamemode and use inspiration from the movies to create the map!

This gamemode variant can be chosen using the variant selector once selecting the Murder Mystery gamemode. The original gamemode will be labeled “Classic” while this gamemode can be labeled “Slasher”.

(I may add more to this, thanks for looking at this post!)

image|690x387

Yo!
As you stated in your post this is similar to Murder Mystery and from reading how the game plays out I personally don’t see enough “changes” to make this a full on gamemode on its own. However, I do like where you are going with this and I have a counter idea, what if during special holidays Murder Mystery got temporary holiday updates so for example the one you suggested would be playable during Halloween and so forth.

Anyways, I like the idea just don’t think it’s different enough to be it’s own game.

I see where you’re coming from, but it is in fact quite different. The world would be a much more open environment for players to explore, and it would set a spooky atmosphere since this takes place during nighttime. Also, in this gamemode, the slasher can NOT be killed, only stunned temporarily. This provides a thrilling yet scary experience for the players. I could go on to list a lot more things that make this gamemode differ from murder mystery, but I do like your idea of having this as a seasonal game that would take place during the month of October or longer! But personally if this gamemode was implemented I would want to play it all the time!

I like the idea, but it is too close to murder mystery. Also TheHive has their own team of map builders and never accept work from other people to use in games. If you want you can apply to become one of the map builders

2 Likes

I have come up with a solution for this problem. This game will be a variant of Murder Mystery, that can be chosen using the Variant Selector. I will add this to the post now.

@Hlzyzptlk you can take this down. @Jed can confirm this

Please take down this post, as I reposted this in the appropriate category since I chose to take a new direction with my idea.

You could have just changed the category…

1 Like