Make it so pearl damage doesn't kill you

In skywars, ender pearl damage can’t kill you. This feature isn’t in twars though, and it’s so annoying to die when you try to pearl out of a fight or pearl clutch from the void. I get why pearl damage is there, so you can’t just pearl into a fight and use the element of surprise to destroy the other person, but this wouldn’t affect that.

please i’m tired of dying cause of it

5 Likes

I don’t like perl damage, but I really hate it when I try to perl away from someone, and it tells me dat I can’t perl there, but I don’t expect them to remove or change this

2 Likes

This thread addresses that issue: Take Away the Enderpearl Height Limit
You can vote for it there :smile:
Welcome to the forums! :partying_face:

4 Likes

That just promotes more pearl spamming imo.

Let’s say we get blindness or slowness for the last pearl when we’re almost no hearts when pearling., but at least we dont die, just a fair balance

1 Like

if you get slowness you can’t run away to regen so ur basically ruins the point of pearling away

1 Like

what if

pearl damage doesnt kill you and leaves you at half heart

but when you pearl and is left with half heart it sets a timer that lasts 10+ second or something.

during this period, every pearl thrown ignores this rule and can kill you.

i think this is resonable, might need change a bit from the community and theres a chance youll die from fall dmg anyways

2 Likes

that’s why I never buy pearls in TW

2 Likes

It is to escape death, you have to consider the oof advantage of players that has 10 pearls and just go whereever they like escaping.

2 Likes

Not only that… The pearl damage is unbelievably high

2 Likes

The damage amount is balanced, it just shouldn’t kill you

2 Likes

I believe Splodger said that they kept its ability to kill you in tw because there needs to be a risk when using it. I throw my pearl before I have less than half health if I see I’m getting comboed. Or I throw it if I don’t have enough health to take the fight in the first place.

3 Likes

bruh that’s the most bs thing. Pearls do like 3 hearts which is abserd. You realize the point of the game is to win so if a pearl can kill you it ruins the point of trying to win.

2 Likes

That is not my opinion, hence why I voted on the suggestion. I was just giving tips on what you can do for now

1 Like

no no no that’s not what i mean lol. Pearls killing you is bs. I agree to what you are saying

2 Likes

So was this added? Someone’s saying it was here, but I don’t see any official mention. If not, bunp because this still would be helpful.

1 Like

Yes you now will only get down to half a heart from pearl damage. I think

In treasure wars? I know they don’t in skywars, did the new level update also add this?

I thought they never killed you? Just leaving you at 1 HP

I tested it in a custom server and I didn’t die from enderpearl damage. It will indeed leave you with half a heart now.
Closed as it is an accepted idea. :blobheart:
https://youtu.be/y0yD0pvr6mA

7 Likes