Lets talk about the knockback

Now as we all know, Hive has a very… well um significant knock-back level compared to other servers.
Don’t get me wrong, doing combos and sumo’s here are amazing and i find that this is what makes The Hive different from the other featured servers.

Now as we can all see from an above average player’s viewpoint it can be very easy to get the hang of hives combat mechanics.
However I’ve been looking around the forums for some time and I find there are a lot of players (whom I suppose aren’t really on the competitive side of pvp) have complains about it.

I don’t really see what to make of this so I’m coming out to the forums

Should there be changes to the combat mechanics?

Please supply reasons as to why. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, I do believe the DSword knockback is broken

2 Likes

Yes, we definitely need knockback changes. The way it is rn, you can be completely stopped from doing anything if someone gets a combo on you

2 Likes

I’d say the hive’s knock system is why I like the server actually

3 Likes

Yes, i have experienced the same thing myself. It was quite annoying the first games, but i got used to it and now its like the new normal on the hive. I still think that the hive should change their combat Mechanics too as it would be easier on newbs and begginers.

1 Like

Thats so true. Its so irritating!

2 Likes

Yes, I agree that the Hive knockback system is different compared to other servers and can be difficult for new people to get used to. I think the system currently is unique and allows more options for PVP. Also, the current system has been around for a while and changing it would affect a lot of the current players. This is not a bad idea and I wouldn’t mind a different system.

PS Welcome to the forums! c:

1 Like

Personally, if you could sprint midair, that would help with getting out of combos. That might be a good first step (if they can do that)

3 Likes

I’m usually able to get out of on-land knockback, but bridge fighting… I go flying, so I might need to just block spam more or knockback could be reduced

1 Like

hive kb system is very vertical and is terrible for treasure wars. also very biased towards high cos because of that

4 Likes

Idk why but hive kb literally lifts you up into the air to the point you can die from fall damage. All that vertical kb should be converted to horizontal kb

4 Likes

Probably ought to work on trying to initiate with the lower ground, thats how you win what usually would be trades

wait this isn’t java pvp knock back, hives
is not that, it doesn’t make you take fall damage you need a autoclicker or high CPS to do that type of power. yes I know you never said anything about java pvp kb

not really you dont need high cps to make your opponent fly

It messes up your combos, but with skill you can avoid it. ( also getting hit while sprinting will give you a big knockback effect witch could be the case) So dont go on rage quiting if your gonna get back on in two minutes!

1 Like