Let the latest five games replayid be kept on /recentreplays

Suggestion:

[Let the latest five games replay id to be kept in record in /recentreplays.]

More information:

[For reasons, for reporting hackers after being kicked by the anticheat. /recentreplays list will be cleared by default after quitting or being kicked by the anticheat]

1 Like

A good idea, the problem will be the servers tho, imagine the sheer amount of storage needed, when about 10k+ players last 5 games get stored each day

1 Like

This is a dupe

1 Like

The average lenght of these strings are up to 16 characters. Every character in the ANSI file format can be up to 8 bits. For every replayID at it’s maximum length, it would require 16 bytes at most. I said the last five only. 16bytes5 is 80 bytes per player at most. If 100,000 kids logged on and played 5 games at most, 80bytes100,000 =8,000,000 bytes. Or 8Megabytes of data for the last 5 games for 100,000 kids at most. Idk why I see you on every post and disagree on everything.

Oh, yes voted on that too.

2 Likes

He doesn’t criticise- on everything

2 Likes

Because it’s more helpful than some people who just comment “omg omg I love this idea voted!”, every idea has something that can be critiqued (constructive criticism) like what phoenix did, once it crosses the line of just saying things that just aren’t true, are rude and aren’t constructive than that’s when you can get upset.

Also I’m not entirely sure on how they work, but those 16 character strings are just id’s? I mean 8 mb for like 100,000 replays is absurd.

Think about, in a replay you need to record how each player moves individually, so in a game of quads there are 16 players, by your logic every possible string of moves performed by each player is stored IN ONE CHARACTER

It’s pretty clear that you likely don’t understand how this works lol

2 Likes

Lol no. I just meant these ReplayID only. Not changing these Replay Cinema Storage Mechanism. These replays (the actual recording) are stored for 7 days by default. I just want to let the last five games ReplayID (the 16 character string) to be stored even if you left the game. That is the one that takes 8MB.
“By default, all replays are stored for 7 days. For players that have purchased a Replay Pass, games are stored for 30 days. After a replay has expired, you will no longer be able to view it.” - The Hive - Replay Cinema
I just NEED THE NAME OF THE LAST 5 REPLAYS FOR REPORTING HACKERS.

1 Like

okay, still a dupe tho lol

2 Likes

Duplicate suggestion, please contribute to the discussion here - Make the replays on /recentreplays stay after logging off