Lag in Asia Region after recent Maintenance

Hey can you stop posting this everywhere? You don’t need to put the same message on multiple topics. We can see it in one post

1 Like

I mean for me, even though I am not from Australia, but then whenever Asia region gets laggy for me, like it could be due to slow internet connection, or like during certain times of the day, like night time, Hive gets super laggy for me. So I will just instead play on NA or EU region and it wont be laggy anymore

Also just to add on, there are actually many other bedrock servers that are hosted in Australia, such as Nethergames, so maybe that might be a solution for the AU players.

Maybe a helper or a moderator could assist you guys further

Thanks for the info, I have reported this issue and hopefully, I or the devs will have an update regarding it for you sooner or later.
Also, please try and keep the discussion on the topic of issues with ping on Asia region.

1 Like

its got nothing to do with slow wifi every au players isd getting over 200ms rn u saying we all got slow wifi all of a suddon lol. no.

1 Like

nethergames is not hosted in australia but ok

We have no control over the actual routing between our servers and our players. Like every other company, we rent servers from datacenters who provide the actual networking. Usually when things like this happens, it is because the usual/direct link is down and they are using a backup or slower path to get traffic across. As this is issue seems to (mainly) affect one specific country, this is likely what is happening here.

The good news is that usually these things don’t take all that long - once they’ve resolved whatever it is that is causing this, things will go back to normal. As we have no control over this, we can’t give a more specific update. The Asia-Pacific region, especially between Australia and surrounding countries, is notoriously expensive and unreliable for long-distance internet matters.

8 Likes

so basically it has nothing to do with the internet/wifi speed?

But then is it based on which internet pathway the datacentre uses?

yeah same , i used to get 80-150 ping before and now i get more than 300 which is so annoying thats a reason why i quit hive for some time. and funny how i get better ping in eu even tho i live in asia

I’ve been recently getting 180ms when I usually 50-70… Fun.

It’s not just in au that it’s killing people’s ping, it’s almost the entirety of Asia region that’s effected by it. I doubt it’s only from one area but if that’s so that would mean everyone else would have that issue too, I get 96 ping typically but now I’m getting 213+. It’s not just for au players. Its the whole region

I don’t want to hurry the datacenters to fix the routing but are there any updates on this issue? My ping is still high but I understand if they are still working on this.

I agree. We need a Oceania server

not really heeps of asian players arent affected by it like lord dayy for example still had 30ms unlike me and solo and every other au player who had like 250ms

I’m having the exact same problem, I used to get around 110 ping now I get 260 on average. I think it would be most logical to make a whole entire separate region for players who are from Australia/New Zealand as I have found a large percentage of AS players are from Australia.

1 Like

I agree, I HATE ASIA REGION MY PING IS SO BAD YHIS SUCKS SO MUCH I HATE IT, then they added AU region on the region list THEN THEY TAJE IT OFF LIKE WOW WAY TO RIP IT OUT OF KY HEART

The Oceanic region was never meant to stay permanently. It was only opened up because Asia had some trouble so the AU region became a temporary solution for that.

2 Likes

How much would it be in the long run to have oce region?

We’re experimenting with something that may improve this situation. This is currently enabled for countries in Oceania as well as the Philippines. Would love to hear if people are still seeing high latency today.

1 Like

My ping is actually 150 now and sometimes lower which is 10 times better than what it was before, keep it up :+1:t3: