Kill assist system in PvP games

I put it on suggestions because it is a global thing that is suggested for every PvP game. I hope this isn’t a duplicate :sweat_smile:

Idea: Kill assist system in PvP games (SG, TW, SW, HIDE).

More information: It should work like all players that have contributed to damaging the killed player get a kill.
The player with the most damage dealt to a player gets the kill, and the others get a « kill assist », worth 3/4 or 1/2 of the XP gained from a normal kill.

Currently Mineplex has this syestem, so it would be great to have it on Hive too.

• :x: No kill assist system (comment why)
  • Kill assist on Hide and Seek (as Hider and Seeker)
  • Kill assist on SG
  • Kill assist on TW

0 voters

Make sure to vote on it at the top of this suggestion if you’d like this to be implemented !

They’d have to rework the stats and api, which could be a bit of a mess, not against it though

3 Likes

I agree with what @thegamingtoyyt said. Also, I don’t think it’s that much of a problem to warrant a system. I think kills work fine right now.

1 Like

I both like and don’t like this idea. cuz I mean smh (I get to steal killsssss) and also I like the idea cuz sometime ppl steal kills from me. @Ptitjoueur123 “How about I get all the kills” whisper

1 Like

It would make sense in sg, lool 1 year later

I am a god at stealing kills:D so I want no kill assist

1 Like

BUMP
With ctf now adding the kill assist system I would like to see it for the other pvp gamemodes kill assists could give 1/3 of the normal xp given from kills

2 Likes

In CTF this exists, but it doesn’t seem like it’d be good in games where there’s multiple teams, because someone can just hit the guy and get XP from the guy someone else killed, in CTF it makes sense, cause when you get the kill and your teamate also gets the kill, it doesn’t seem as bad

Also in skywars, you could grind XP just by hitting a player and letting the enemy finish them off, it doesn’t seem like this’ll be implemented, but it’s a neat idea

Well, no one would actually do that because it would take 5x as long. (You are aware in CTF kill assists give 1/5 coins as actual kills) it’s a bit like saying in MM grinding by finding a hiding spot and standing there all game is a better way to grind xp then collecting coins.

what

iirc one kill is 5 exp. in no way would you be able to “grind” exp by hitting a player once. also, im assuming after a certain amount of time (15 seconds?) you wont get the exp if they get killed by someone else so you cant hit everybody and run off

2 Likes

It’d be pretty easy to earn XP if it just takes a hit and someone already attacking the guy

you’d be getting like 2 exp for a kill assist lol. and yes, thats how a kill assist works

2 Likes

Bruv, I don’t pay attention to XP
I just play the game, I don’t grind, but it doesn’t seem like it’d be too good/useful addition to the game

Then why, tell me, are you arguing to people about it if you won’t be affected by it in the slightest.

1 Like