Keeping different timezones in mind for events

Idea:

I am from central Europe. My brother and I wanted to participate in your latest “Just Build”- event with the pirate theme. I did not read the conditions which had to be considered for our participation. However, my brother read them and told me about them. He is only 14 years old and didn´t know that 12 am meant 00:00 according to our way to indicate the time. He thought it meant 12:00 which would be 12 pm.
I can imagine that this is a problem concerning more people.
We submitted our screenshot of our build too late and we noticed that we weren´t alone with that.
I would like to suggest that you do not only write the time using am and pm but also the way many countries in Europe indicate time (00:00 until 24:00).
Thank you for considering my approach.
Have a nice week and keep your amazing work up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do agree that a 24 HR clock would be better, as opposed to am and pm

1 Like

Hey there,

As we have players in timezones all across the world, we always try our best to make sure that we make deadlines clear for everyone when we host events.

This being said, I can see why confusion may have arisen this time round and we will try to make it clearer in the future.

I’m also aware that the ‘Competition’ banner over the Just Build NPC was present for longer than it should have been, so we’ll honor any entries that were submitted prior to 12pm (midday) UTC.

6 Likes