Is 4D skin allowed?

The Hive’s rules are no invisible skin, no flat skin, no naked / something just like that skin, etc.

But is 4D skin allowed?

3 Likes

elaborate please im interested

1 Like

as long as it is in the marketpace, it is ok

2 Likes

what’s a 4d skin? that sounds cool

1 Like

It’s a skin where the model is different from a Steve or Alex skin. Take my skin for example, it has a modeled backpack on it and modeled bunny ears for my hat.

3 Likes

^^^^^^^
Its like a costume but in the marketplace

2 Likes

Some people have made their own 4D skins, Hive is the perfect example with their purchasable costumes.

2 Likes

@SilentLattice31 how do you make a 4d skin

1 Like

I’m not sure, people who typically use them don’t know how to make them. But I think you need some external tools for that. You can check youtube, but I don’t know what they call it on Youtube (custom modeled skins, 4D skins, special skins, HD skins, etc).

1 Like

Blockbench, but you will not be able to use it in game

2 Likes

I am pretty sure they are allowed

1 Like

Skins from the marketplace or hive store are allowed however, custom 4D skins or downloadable add-on skins are not allowed. (This includes invisible skins)

1 Like

My skin is a creeper though, and it has no arms. Is that allowed?

1 Like

Typically, if your skin is missing something that players will often attack at, it may be a little unfair (like feet/legs and torso primarily).

1 Like

@Ryan it should be fine as this is what is posted on the rules
Extremely big, extremely small, extremely flat, inappropriate, invisible or near invisible skins are not allowed.

As a core exception, we currently allow ALL skins that are obtainable through the official Minecraft Marketplace. However, these skins are still ran against an automated filter, and may be replaced by our fallback skin. This does however mean that you can use any Marketplace skin without risking punishment.

2 Likes

ur hitbox is bigger that’s a disadvantage. My skin is alex-type with a cape that has no hitbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

That skin is allowed.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard, the hitbox is not modified, just the appearance is. The problem is how people visually look at it to see where to attack, if they’re a block tall, they’ll awkwardly be trying to aim low.

2 Likes

Wow thanks for the replies!

2 Likes

How u got this skin?