I want more maps for the Java version of Hide and Seek.

Hello! I’m a Hive user. I always do Hide and Seek at Hive BE. But each time, I remember Java Hive’s Hide and Seek. I’d love to play Java Hide and Seek maps and look back on the old days. The maps in BE are also interesting, but some players will have more fun with more maps. Also, some players may feel nostalgic. I’ll be impressed with more Java Hide and Seek maps. I still want to enjoy that fun of the past. Thank you.*

Sadly, I believe the maps we couldn’t move over were because they were community-made maps. As we don’t own them / the rights to use them, we unfortunately couldn’t bring them over to the Bedrock version. I’m sure we could always make some similar ones if there are any specific ones that the community would like but replicating or using old ones is a bit tricky. :frowning:

4 Likes

But what if person who made it allows you or is it a bedrock thing?

1 Like

They may no longer have contact with most of the original map makers.

I personally hope one day we’ll see the Sonic Deathrun Java map come to Bedrock, but it seems unlikely :frowning: That map is a classic.

1 Like

Part of it is to do with legality and obtaining permissions, though we also consider the fact that most of those maps are quite old and outdated. They were made for an older version of our server and now that we have our own build team, we can focus on making newer maps that fit our current needs and style. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You could remake them, like Snowfall and SubZero

2 Likes