Hub idea, maybe

Make the bedrock server have the Java hub. Thats virtually it really.
As a player of the Java edition of the server for many years, its sad to see my childhood server close.
Maybe it can’t be done or has a reason for being different, or maybe it is just my nostalgia getting the best of me but I’d personally love to see the classic hub from Java make it onto the Bedrock server.

I don’t expect this to actually get accepted lol. Just putting it out there cause I’m personally gonna miss the Java server
Personally I just think it feels more like the Hive (ignore the shaders, I couldn’t be bothered to turn them off)

1 Like

That would be really neat, but it would be hard to do due to the bedrock server not having enough games to fill all of those spots, so they would either have to leave gaps or redesign parts of it.

3 Likes

I know you have an attachment to the server… but a lot more people have played on the bedrock version of the hive, it really wouldnt make sense to change the whole hub when more than half of the server’s playerbase dont even know a java version exists, I’m sorry, I just don’t see it happening :((

7 Likes

Thats true honestly. Maybe in the future if more games become available we can hope

1 Like

Thats also true :frowning_face:
You never know if it will happen until you ask though. The worst that they can say is no
Maybe its wishful thinking but I think the Hive should honor their legacy and try to make it as hive as possible on bedrock.

1 Like

Yeah, would be a great suggestion! As The Java server of The Hive is going to close on April 15th, it should be added to Bedrock as a Hub for some days for the Java Players to get their memories of playing on Hive Java Edition! It would also encourage more players from Java to play on The Hive therefore gaining more popularity.

1 Like

Small idea, perhaps the Hive Team could make a special hub for a limited time that was the java hub?

You could run the command /hub java or something like that

2 Likes

I would love to see this as an “easter egg” edition to the hive

Where you have to find some sort of secret to get to the java hub, and once u get there once u unlock it and can run the /hub_java or /hub_secret command to visit anytime or something like that

4 Likes

There is a post in a different thread mentioning this.

@BreadInu had an idea to put the Java hub under the current hub. That works here. For its appearance, they could make it the same as it currently is, or they could do what Mojang did in the minigame lobby.

This is a picture of part of the minigame lobby. Above this area is the main lobby. To get here, one has to complete a series of actions. Then, they can fall down into this place.

What does this have to do with the suggestion? Well, compare the picture to this:

They’re the same location.

My point is, if the Java hub were to be in Hive Bedrock, it should be under the map, accessible by a tunnel, and in a ruined state.

Sorry, that was a really long reply. I don’t usually make replies this long for the purpose of improving others’ suggestions.

3 Likes

I was too lazy to suggest it on the forums lmao

1 Like

It’s really good idea though

1 Like

what if they give you a download for the java hub for both on java and bedrock? Since if this doesnt get added, I doubt the hub will be used ever again like how they’re releasing the code and all the maps for TIMV since Murder Mystery is the replacement of TIMV since it was to hard to code on bedrock, they hadn’t given out the maps and code for other games like skywars, bedwars/treasure wars, hide and seek, deathrun etc cuz its most likely the maps will be used again on the bedrock edition of the server

1 Like

I always was a fan of the „having multiple hubs“ idea on java already so I‘d like to add on this idea a bit.

1. The current hub should stay the main hub ofc.
  2. As it would not be the main hub I don‘t see any point in overhauling it apart from emptying or closing game rooms. This way it could stay most similar to it’s current form.
  3. A setting could be added to select a personal default hub, so both java and bedrock veterans get their favourite one.
  4. I‘m not sure on this one, but imo this is one of the thigs, that could be a premium feature.
  5. There would be some cons. Like finding your friends in the hub may be a little harder and it maybe won‘t be updated on seasonal events or miss the ghost/globe/egg hunt. This would depend on how dedicated they were to be.

However I‘m a big fan of this, as personally when i play bedrock it really doesn‘t feel anything like the hive I used to play.

2 Likes