Invisible Hiders during Grace Period

I feel the game would be more interesting this way. During the 20 seconds grace period, all the hiders should be invisible; unless they are hidden i.e, hiders will become visible once they first become hidden, upon moving from their first hiding spot, they will no longer be invisible; regardless of it still being grace period or not.

When other hiders are able to see you they can simply follow you or just look around to see where you’re going to hide, this honestly ruins the fun of the game. Now that they’ve seen you get to your hiding spot; eventually when they die, they will know exactly where you are which is honestly frustrating and ruins the point of the game.

Edit: This applies to Seekers as well! (in terms of knowing where exactly someone is hiding)
On almost all of the maps, they are able to peek out of their Seeker Cage during the grace period and just see where all the hiders are heading/hiding.

4 Likes

Yes please, this usually gives an unfair advantage to hiders who become seekers afterwards. Also make sure to vote for your own suggestion too!

2 Likes

I have also been thinking about this but i think that would ruin the great block cosmetics, also some people want to hide together as friends.

3 Likes

It’s only for warmup though, cosmetics would be visible when you move from ur hiding place, and you can just select a spot if it comes to hiding together. great points though.

2 Likes

You got my vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

As toast stated, this will only be during the first 20 seconds. If you move out of your hiding spot after those 20 seconds are over (OR if you move out of your first hiding spot) you will be visible to other hiders as well the seekers :blush:

1 Like

ur pfp is soo cuwuteee…

OMGGG

1 Like

i don’t think this would work because what if 2 players were going to the same spot and they wouldn’t know, it would just waste there time and be awkward

it would be similar to how it works now; you will be told ‘you cannot go solid here!’

1 Like

that is implying that the other player stays invisible AND you can still phase through them when they are solid at first, which just brings up too much problems. and im saying that it would be awkward to not be able to hide somewhere because someone is already there and you didn’t know, which would just waste time. as well as everything already pointed out i just think that this suggestion would just lead to a lot of problems in the opening of the game that wouldn’t be worth it.

1 Like

to my knowledge, if two hiders are in the same spot, one of them is bound to go solid; while the other hider gets pushed out of that space like a normal player would as if they are inside a block :slight_smile:

yes, but if niether of them know the other is there, like you sugested, one of them will be pushed out without them really knowing the other was there, which would be awkward; just wasted time getting there then “on no” you cant hide here (which there was no indication of before because they were invisable) then do you have enough time to get to another space, who knows /shrug. this would just lead to a lot of frustration for players.

Maybe a solution would be to only make hiders invisible for like 10-15 seconds so you can see them at the end of the warm up period? But I agree, it’s currently too op to just look where hiders hide and then get Seeker to rush and kill them.

2 Likes

what if i can just offer you advise on the original problem of;
“When the other hiders are able to see you they can simply follow you or just look around to see where you’re going to hide”
look i dont just want to say “get good” but… , if you see someone around you that got killed and knew where you were, chances are that he will come for you, so change spots OR dont hide with everyone else, in a lot of maps there is a lot of “bait spots” that look good but once someone knows that your there they can so easily get you so try and hide away from people like this, OR get used to running around the maps for when the other guy comes back for you. iv had this problem too and i know it can be frustrating but anyway, hope this helps

1 Like

Yea but the game is called “Hide and Seek” and not look where they hide, get killed and then target/kill them. That’s why having 10 to 15 seconds of invisibility for Hiders would be good to avoid that.

4 Likes

I actually really like this idea. It wouldn’t cause any inconvenience to the hiders, and while most hiders don’t pay attention to where others are hiding, some do, and its pretty annoying.

Maybe this could be toggleable

Toggled on, you’re invisible for warmup, Toggled off, not invisible for warmup,

1 Like

sorry but could you elaborate on how this wouldn’t be an “inconvenience to the hiders” ty

normal hiders aren’t looking for other hiders, they’re looking for a spot. BUT, some hiders who want to be seekers (whether for a quest or for fun) will specifically look to where other hiders hide. This wouldn’t be an issue for normal hiders as stated above and would eliminate a very annoying part of H&S along with it.

2 Likes

personally i don’t think that this is that much of a problem, iv played a lot of hide and seek and have never really been targeted this was that much to grant a big change like this to the game
ye its happened once or twice, but most of the times i can remember are people that were hiding near me during the game for minuets after the warm up that come to me after they die, this suggestion wouldn’t fix that, but i don’t think this is a big problem in hide and seek anyway because most of the time the game plays more like tag if you know someones coming for you you can just run, and get a new spot like i said before.
there are many fixes that you can do in game to how you play to make this not a problem, the game does not need a big change to how it works just because you sometimes get killed “unfairly” (sorry if that sounds harsh but that’s what it is)
and also what about the other ways i stated it would inconvenience hiders?

2 Likes

This is more of a thing to Prevent it. And, 1 person’s experiences can be very different than others. I see your side of it, but my thought is that

1. A player who isn’t targeting other players won’t be affected by it
  2. If a player is targeting, it heavily reduces the chance of it happening.
    “and also what about the other ways i stated it would inconvenience hiders” idk if im dumb but wdym about that statement. I would like to answer it if you want me to.