Get rid of the golden apple taking away absorption hearts you’ve gotten from mining redstone once the absorption affect runs out

I’ve noticed that once you lose your two absorption hearts you get from eating a golden apple by taking damage and then you mine redstone to get more absorption hearts that once the absorption effect runs out from the golden apple it will take away the absorption hearts you got from mining the redstone. I don’t know if this is a bug or intentional but it’s kind of annoying to have to mine two more redstone after you’ve already mined it and think they should fix this although some people might say it’s not a big deal, if two stacked players are fighting it could mean the difference in a fight if your heading into a fight and then all of a sudden you lose those two absorption hearts just because of this.

i think there should be a cap for it to be 5 hearts

1 Like

The cap is 5 hearts unless you eat a golden apple and get 7 hearts after you’ve already had 5 hearts from mining redstone but I’m saying if you’ve gotten those 2 hearts taken away from damage that you got from the golden apple and then you mine more redstone that when the absorption affect from the golden apple runs out it will just take 2 of the absorption hearts you’ve gotten from mining the redstone that weren’t from eating the golden apple.

1 Like

I think this might be a bug, try asking an admin maybe

1 Like

@Hlzyzptlk is this a bug or intentional?

1 Like

I couldn’t say for sure tbh. I’ve always assumed it’s intentional because we are aware of it and no comment has been made to the contrary.

1 Like

in b4 :lock:

I think that maybe the devs didn’t take account the redstone, so they probably just have to rewrite some code. But it might be intentional :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t really see the problem with the 7 hearts

Everyone in the game can get it, so no one is at an advantage

6 Likes

That’s not what the suggestion is about.

2 Likes

yea i realized that. i hasn’t read it correctly

It is intentional. I saw @Splodg3r say it was intentional on a bug report

1 Like

if this is what you saw it’s not what I’m talking about. c:

4 Likes

I think this is probably uninteded, but just how effects work in mc

3 Likes