Flag timer in CTF

ok so in CTF when both teams get each others flags at each others base it can cause a stalemate and overall goes down to whoever has less patience will try and do something, this is worse if you have passive teammates

as theres no way to drop the flag there should be a 2 minute timer and if the timer runs out then the flag returns to the base,

this would stop the stalemates from happening and wouldnt affect gameplay that much as there could also be a timer in the top right telling you how much time is left before it tp’s back to your base

4 Likes

I don’t like the stalemate either, but I think it could be handled differently by just letting the teams capture the flag regardless of their flag being taken or not.

The whole point of any capture the flag game is that you can only capture the enemy’s flag if you have your own. A timer would indeed be a better fix, or a debuff to the capturer, like slowness or weakness.

that just makes it a race to capture, I personally like the system the way it is

1 Like

I think what should happen is that the slowness kicks only after you’ve had the flag for 3 seconds. Perhaps you could get a speed boost in those 3 seconds but that might be just a wee bit too op.

if there was a timer on the flag and the game goes to a “stalemate”, then the point would just end up going to the team that grabbed the flag last…

1 Like