Feature Request for Hive Bedrock

Hello, I hope a Hive Bedrock Staff can read this. I am a mobile player, and as you might think while reading, I lose most of the time because I only encounter PC players most of the time, which gives me the disadvantage. I would like to request this feature wherein, a setting will be available for mobile players and they can toggle whether they want to play with those of the same device (phone), or if they want they can turn it off and play with people on other devices (PC and Console). I would be really glad to have this added. Thank you!

welcome to the forums
hive has already implemented this, it is called PBMM (platform based matchmaking)
mobile players are matched against nintendo switch and everyone playing on a mobile device
everyone else is matched separately
it is only active in tw and sw when there are 400 players in the specific queue type (example, if skywars solos has 350 players it wont be active in that queue type but if treasure wars trios has 568 it will be active in that queue type)

8 Likes

Wait, I don’t get it.

Hey there! :wave:
As unikern said, we have already implemented a system similar to this called Platform-Based Matchmaking (PBMM). Essentially, wherever PBMM is enabled, players will be split into two categories: touch and non-touch. You can read more about it here.
As for the toggle suggestion, I believe it was said in an update post that we will allow touch users to opt-in to non-touch queues in the future.
Hope this helped! I’ll be closing this now, but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes