Double Click (read full post)

I see everywhere that double clicking isn’t allowed but all of my friends that have a console just straight up get the glorious model o and go on their windows computer and set denounce time to 4ms. Why aren’t they getting banned? Is it allowed on console. What’s going on???

1 Like

I would reccomend watching pizzas’s video on what is allowed

it’s not allowed but it’s something that’s hard to enforce so people do it regardless

if you don’t want to break the rules tho make sure u denounce time is at 10 ms

2 Likes

Just like uni said, make sure your debounce time is at 10ms and let your friends risk themselves getting banned.

3 Likes

Hey there! :wave:
Double clicking is allowed on one exception only: if the mouse double clicks by default, it is allowed. However, if you are using any third party softwares it is not allowed and should be avoided.

On the note of the debounce time, as mentioned previously it should be 10+ms. If they are manually/willingly setting their debounce time less than 10ms please ask them to increase it, if they do not do so feel free to report them on Discord in the in-game reporting channel or message a helper/modertor on the forums about it.

But as a heads up, it is quite hard to track users down for double clicking or having a lower debounce time than required, so we therefore do not usually punish for those and rely on the evidence and judgement given to us by players who are reporting other users for such reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s not allowed on hive, but most other servers are usually fine with debounce time modifications, and it’s not very enforceable unless the person doing it talks about it.

I could rant about how I disagree with the rule, but that is beyond the scope of your question

2 Likes

although i do agree with you, why are mice that double click by default allowed? if a mouse automatically double clicks by default, it probably has 1-2 ms debounce time (which is lower than the minimum on glorious model o)
so why are people who get 2013 razer deathadders allowed but not people who get the model o or a roccat kain

3 Likes

Probably because sometimes mice double click after a lot of usage. Like I use an office mouse and it sometimes double clicks as it’s broken.

So how would the hive know that your mouse double clicks by default instead of with a software.

It is very hard to find unfortunately, but anti-cheat information is strictly staff information. :stuck_out_tongue:

Im pretty sure they can see how much cps a player was clicking in a game. From that they can determine if they were double clicking or not idk.

thats still not enough info lol, u can only know if someone is using software to double click by a screenshare

2 Likes

Yeah but my point was that how would the hive know if your mouse double clicks from factory or not.

1 Like