Deathfection (Deathrun Gamemode Suggestion)

Deathfection, which needs a better name, should make you a Death after you die. You only get one life, and the round ends when there is only one person left. The more deaths there are, the shorter the trap cooldowns are.

The deathfection maps should be normal deathrun maps, with a few shortcuts and should have a few walls knocked down (literally and figuratively) to make the map an endless loop. Shortcuts would have more traps, which would give more spaces for Deaths to activate traps.

Quests for deathfection could be like “Last ___ Minutes In Deathfection”

Edit (1?):
After a couple of questions, ideas, etc. in the comments, here is one revisions (comment your thoughts):

To stop camping, maybe there could be a wall or a zone that you have to be in. This could incorporate the area restrictions in Skywars or Treasure Wars.

This idea flat out wouldn’t work. Runners would just stay at the spawn for the whole game, as that’s the safest place to be.

1 Like

trap spawn

This isn’t a fully fleshed out idea, but as GyrrabirdGamer said, there could be a trap at spawn. Maybe there could be traps on every single block! Idk

Still, literally everywhere would need to have a trap for this to work, and the floor can’t fall or something because it would be a loop

What you would have to make sure the runners are still moving is a wall the follows them so that if they sit for too long they die.

1 Like

And what if they go faster than the wall? Would they just have to make sure to not go past it?

i feel like this would be really fun, and a wall could be one way only, so u can go through it but not get hit by it

1 Like

I feel like the trap cool downs should be longer, seeing as the deaths could just camp at traps and kill players even faster as more deaths come.

1 Like

I edited the post, so please check it out and comment what you think could be better.

so u would have to keep inside of the zone?
this seems eipic, take my vote

1 Like

if you don’t you take damage. Also, thank for being an epic.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t see this working out. Camping would be a hard issue to solve. Even if you did, the players would just stand there and wait for another player to die in a trap (which in a way is still camping). And if you fix THAT problem, the game would probably end too quickly.

It’s a creative idea but would have a lot of flaws. Hive is better off making a completely different infection gamemode.

2 Likes

wdym? In my first edit, I created an idea for a solution.