Death Run Update

As we all know, DeathRun does need an update, but what does it need?

First off, the Evoker fang trap needs to be fixed or it needs to be replaced with a different one. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Ideas for a replacement trap:

• A laser trap, just like in the movies how they have red lazers stretching from wall to wall (the ones that burn you on touch) and when the death person activates it- the lasers become invisible. These lazers you would have to jump over, like a different form of parkour.
  • An elder guardian trap that when activated by the killer- it would give them slowness instead of mining fatigue (to the people in the designated area).

As all updates come, new maps come with it… what are some ways to make not only new aesthetic maps, but with new functionalities as well?
1. A space map.
1a. Levitation holes- just like the emerald block + jump boost combo… this would be a gold block + levitation combo. You would have to fly upwards through holes in the ceiling.
1b. Astronaut suits- you can unlock different aesthetic only suits by leveling up. [this is very similar to how the capes work, but it is a map based costume]
1c. Moon Gravity- permanent slow falling effect throughout the whole map to give the effect of moon gravity. Maybe jump boost as well. This effect would cause it to be more strategic- running & jumping wouldn’t be the most effective way of getting around anymore.
2. A Steampunk map.
2a. The steampunk map would be over the void- no ground underneath. I think this feature to the map would give a really new feel to the deathrun.
2b. Theme Details: Steampunk is a style of fiction having to do with a semi-fictional world where old machinery from the Victorian 19th century is still being used, Such as steam power, clockwork or electricity, are big themes in steampunk. (Copied from Google)
2c. Steampunk Costumes- you can unlock different aesthetic only suits by leveling up. [this is very similar to how the capes work, but it is a map based costume]
3. Haunted/ Spooky map. (would be really cool if it was released on Halloweeeeeeen :p)
3a. Blindness traps- if you’re in the area when the trap is activated, you get blindness. Spooky. :ghost:
3b. “Spell” traps- a trap where you get nausea when activated. This would be while doing parkour so that it actually has an effect.
3c. Spike trap- when activated, spikes come out of the ground. Yes, this is the same as the Evoker fang trap- I know, but it would be cool if this one worked and if it looked like spikes instead of fangs.
3d. Ghost/ Witch/ Lots of spooky stuff- suits- you can unlock different aesthetic only suits by leveling up. [this is very similar to how the capes work, but it is a map based costume]
4. Farm Map.
4a. A tractor trap, and mostly aesthetics.
4b. Farmer costumes- you can unlock different aesthetic only suits by leveling up. [this is very similar to how the capes work, but it is a map based costume]
5. Aquarium Map.
5a. You wouldn’t actually be in the water, but it would be above you/ surrounding you.
5b. Trap idea: On activation (assuming in this part, the aquarium is above the player), the glass to the aquarium would break and the water would pour down from above.
5c. Diving gear- you can unlock different aesthetic only suits by leveling up. [this is very similar to how the capes work, but it is a map based costume]

I hope you all like my ideas (SirUntouchable told me the Lazer trap idea), and I am very open to discussion & feedback down below!
Let me know what you all think! :partying_face:

The laser trap seems like a good idea and really could make that other trap that is very rare to die by more useful…

3 Likes

This is just…
AWESOME :clap:
I really like your idea, especially the laser trap, and map suggestions, it would bee really cool to have more maps beecause DeathRun is one of the only games that needs trap and parkour variety. Map costumes would also bee great, beecause it would also bring customization variants, and another motivation to level up.
Very nice suggestion !
I voted

3 Likes

those maps would make death run more fun, and the space map would put more challenges into the game

2 Likes

More challenge to dr equals more fun as death, plus it is also a good idea to add a nether or end themed map or something beyond the Overworld, plus a Hardcore Mode ramps up the fun of it

2 Likes

I really hope that they add everything mentioned in the post! That would be awesome!

3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of traps with water the pours down. Java DR players know how looooong some of them take. No joke, some of those traps take about 10 seconds to clear.

If they’re made correctly though, they’re fine. They disappear in the usually 3 seconds or so.

3 Likes

I don’t play death run but I think people want it so I vote

4 Likes

Good ideas! Vote from me

2 Likes

I like the end and nether ideas! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe they could make it disappear quickly? I’m not sure

1 Like

This is currently the BEST idea for deathrun yet!

I have realised you have a lot of amazing ideas but this would take a LONG time but I am willing to wait. I think we need unlocks up to level 100. I also think we need a compleate overhaul of death run maps and traps. I think we could have a city map. I am not sure what kind of traps we could have in this but that’s just what I would like to see.

Anyway great idea and I really hope that the developers work on this. That’s 1 Vote from me! :grinning:

2 Likes

1 Like