Competitive option for each gamemode, as well as tournaments?

Tournaments, and competitive options?
Hive should host tournaments for each game mode, and the winner will get specific roles, costumes, or avatars. Adding a competitive option wouldn’t be that bad either. In competitive, it would act the same as each game mode, but for the more competitive people. You should also add a rank system (Bronze 1, Silver 1, etc). This would make more competitive players come to the hive, and also some people that are play on the regular option could move to competitive.

Yeah! Great Ideas! Maybe competitive gamemodes could give more XP?

3 Likes

the leaderboards r enough i guess? they should just add a minor prize to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places

1 Like

People have already suggested similar ideas but okay let this post live I guess

I would do this, however it would be riddled with hackers and would have low player demand, a tournament would be ok as a one time thing, but hive could never host consistent tournaments

1 Like

You could make it to where people on the leaderboards can participate in a tournament if they choose, which will be assigned to a date and time (Different tournaments per region). Possibly hosting a livestream on twitch and/or youtube for the event, with commentators of course! Winner gets a permanent hub-title with a cool name and saying what tournament they won in.

Please don’t necro (bumping a post after at least a month had gone by since the last reply)

1 Like

Tournaments could be unlocked for each gamemode after a certain level is reached, like maybe a when you reach half of the max level Im that gamemode 15 for sg 25 for tw ect

Leaderboard rewards are on the planned list!

Any who, I feel like there is no real need for a competitive mode. The games are built in the first place to have a competitive edge to them, but in a way that you can play a more casual style as well. Separating good vs bad/ less confident players doesn’t seem all that appealing to me for all gamemodes.
I think the only gamemodes where a competitive mode could work would be the incoming SkyWars gamemode and the popular Treasure Wars gamemode. Even so, hackers would ruin any competitive gamemode, they can ruin someones streak or record easily, and just make players more frustrated.

Additionally, I do think that the hive should focus on tournaments after they focus on leaderboard rewards. If they do tournaments, I want them to be special, not every weekend. We do have a really cool community and people already host these types of regular tournaments with rewards as well. I think if the Hive were to do tournaments, they should do it quarterly, as in four times a year. The tournaments would last for 3 days or so, meaning if you were busy 1-2 days it wouldn’t affect you.

Lastly, the theme of the Hive so far, as from what I can see, is it is very easy for any age to figure out, and you do not have to really do any reading or anything to know how to play most of the gamemodes or know anything special about the Hive. Adding ranks and whatnot, such as Bronze 1 & Silver 1 would take away from that and make things seem a little much imo. I think the leaderboards is already its own rank system, and it gives enough reason to have a competitive spirit! (escpecially with the rewards soon!)

4 Likes

Yeah, the hive could handle tournaments, but tiers would be kinda confusing, and fortnite has a whole lot more players than hive lol, so tourneys could get annoying, this is a great response!

2 Likes

I guess the ranks could be:
Normal bee I II III IV and V,
Fighter bee I II III IV and V,
Royal Army bee I II III IV and V,
Queen bee I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX and X.

Or you could make queen bee only I, but you couldn’t go back to Royal army again.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums! :smile:

Sure! I love the competitive option!

This would be cool in the new Microhubs coming soon!

Voted! :ballot_box: