Chicken noises?

Why is there chicken noises when I die sometimes? Idk if I’m being stupid but it seems to taunt me when I die in a stupid way. Lol

1 Like

the chonker ghost will haunt all of us forever for what we have done to all of his family, and he is a ascendant from hell which he is now a chonkback hammer

8 Likes

Holy -

Screw the 20 characters

I just noticed the noises yesterday and it was kinda freaky

They’ve been around for a long time. Idk if this is some sort of staff joke but it’s annoying.

5 Likes

It is probably there to make you feel bad of yourself

2 Likes

nah i think it’s my theory about the chonker

1 Like

Can someone answer this? I asked the same question before and my topic was locked

2 Likes

Gonna be honest, we’re as clueless are you are :thinking:

If anyone could get a video, that would be awesome :grin:

11 Likes

I will try to record it but I’m not playing treasure wars very often, I’ve mostly heard them there

2 Likes

It occurs in every game, and I think I’ve heard it in hub before too.

2 Likes

Minecraft 1.16 is really weird. Like when I’m at quest master I hear ambient sounds a LOT. And also portal noises when passing one in DR (which I didn’t hear before the update)

But this was a thing since wayy before 1.16

4 Likes

@Splodger I finally got it.

Sorry I forgot to make the aspect ratio 16:9

1 Like

It turns out that this is actually an unintended result of how we get our bossbars to work. I won’t go into detail, but it involves invisible chickens, which is why you sometimes hear the noises.

We’ll be patching this out by making them silent very soon :chicken:

or maybe it’s just a conspiracy :eyes:

14 Likes

That’s actually funny how you play death run and all of a sudden you hear chicken noise

1 Like

no don’t please the chonker still needs to scream at people

I have random chicken noises ptsd, I’ve been hearing them for the longest time. I want them GONE.

4 Likes

I’ve actually never heard this, guess im lucky?

This is hilarious
Please keep it team @Splodger