Boombox Balance for the SG update

I think most of us can agree that we are not completely happy with the new Boomboxes in survival games. As it makes the game (especially deathmatch) very chaotic. I have a few suggestions to change this.

• Reduce the range of Boomboxes.

• Remove Fire boomboxes as they give an unfair advantage to people who can put on a texture pack (disadvantage for console)

• Remove the default boombox as there is no point for them in sg except to make it overly chaotic. They work in skywars because you can knock them off but there is no void in sg.

• Reduce the spawnrate of boomboxes by alot.

• Cobwebs were starting to become part of the meta and were really being used by lots of players. But now that the web boombox is here it makes them just appear like something to spam everywhere, with no real skill involved at all.

Also know that I do not Dislike all boomboxes in sg as the Slowness one is great as it can be used to prevent people from running as much in Survival Games.

What do you guys think of boomboxes in SG?

the water in deathmatch actually works similar to the void…

6 Likes

I feel like the boombox are alright, best we keep it as it is??

1 Like

The chaos is fun

3 Likes

im just throwing things out there (no pun intended)

yes, but in that case that’s only one opportunity to use it well. Meanwhile, over a dozen normal boomboxes are distributed.

1 Like

The fire boombox is stupid unfair against controller players because it covers almost half their screen and they can get comboed super easily I have a texture pack I found that has low fire and short swords but not everyone wants to pay to get something that’s free on pc

Theres platform based matchmaking, and the way it sounds, it seems difficult to light your enemy on fire but not yourself, so its basically fair given that both people will have the same issue.

1 Like

I want to say after I have played the game more I have come to realise that the default boombox is one of the most useful!