Adding Hub Pets

I have an idea, my idea is to add hub pets for players in the server.
Some pets can be free or earned, while some other pets can cost money.

The pets could be able to follow you around, you could feed them, play with them, and maybe even be able to trade pets to other players, almost like the gifting feature already implanted in the game. But there would be a trade UI.

I think this could be good fun to add into the hub so people have something to do while waiting for a game or waiting for friends to get online. Or for the people who only roleplay or don’t play any games on the hive in general.

Thank you for reading what I had to say!

2 Likes

This already idea that might happen in the future

8 Likes

Ah, Okay. I just thought it might have been interesting to add!

2 Likes

Isn’t there pets or animals already or am I crazy

2 Likes

I don’t think there is. Though I might be the one who is crazy!

1 Like

Np I was just asking I forgot if there was

1 Like

Here’s the link to it on the hive’s roadmap:https://trello.com/c/UAV03032/7-pets

6 Likes

I know they do plan on adding pets in the future, but I do kind of like the thought of feeding them. Not really big on the trading idea, though, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

would pets be mobs that are already in minecraft? or would they be custom mobs created but the hive like the ones from that forest map they made?

2 Likes

I think this would be fun to do and maybe we can have different rarity pets and eggs that hatch different kinds of pets, although I think this would be a big update and might take some time to get it done and all figured out and coded, even though they are currently trying to add pets I think it’s still going to take months.

3 Likes

Pets are already on our roadmap :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes