Adding 3v3 to CTF

Add 3v3 on Capture the Flag

Not everyone has friends to party with! “Solo queuing” creates an unbalanced environment for most players since a the opposite team is a full party of 6 a lot of the time. Adding a 3v3 will help balance this by being only 2 other players instead of 6.

ISSUES: Since it is only 3 players, if one of them leaves it will only make the game harder since quantity does matter on gamemodes such as CTF.

FIX: Make leaving mid-game punishable. Add a cooldown that prevents them from joining another game that gets longer if they do it multiple times. (ONLY APPLIES TO LEAVING MIDGAME, NOT IF YOU LEAVE BEFORE GAME STARTS)

EDIT: making it punishable after multiple times of leaving in a short period of time, not getting disconnected, etc. Also, if one leaves it is still easier to do a 2v3 than a 3v6!!! Let’s say, players get 3 leaves per hour for example, they can leave 3 times with no punishment every hour, then it resets getting the 3 leaves again.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

Punishments for leaving games is something The Hive does not want to do for many reasons. One being getting disconnected, another one is being forced to leave by parents or something along those lines. Although I don’t understand why they couldn’t just punish the players that use /q or /hub to leave games mid match.

That’s a huge issue which is why I don’t like this idea. I’d love to see bigger teams though, so when one leaves its not a big deal!

2 Likes

The idea of punishing leaving early is both a really good idea and also not :joy:

But I think adding 3v3 to CTF only heightens the problem you described. It’s just easier to get two sweaty friends online instead of five. Stopping large parties from joining a game is a better idea, just like what is done with bridge

2 Likes

thats why I said if they do it multiple times! if they disobey their parents then maybe they dont deserve to play…

making it punishable after multiple times of leaving in a short period of time, not getting disconnected, etc. Also, if one leaves it is still easier to do a 2v3 than a 3v6!!!

1 Like

Well this is a dupe, vote for the original here! Use the search :mag: feature to look for similar posts before posting your own!

As you can see, that post was posted on JUNE of LAST YEAR, needed a bit of an update/more attention, don’t you think? Also, this post earned the same votes in a few minutes, maybe this one will actually do something

Added advantage, quicker games. Better your stats with this gamemode!

Hopefully they will listen to us this time!

2 Likes

You could have bumped it perhaps to get attention besides making a whole new post.

Hive tried that with Bridge and it didn’t end well for most players so it isn’t guaranteed they will add that back to any other game.

2 Likes

new post has more votes now, so it did what I intended. Also, maybe just balance the teammates leaving with faster coins. let’s say, increase coin generation by 2x per teammate that leaves.

That post isn’t a year old, feel free to continue the discussion there. It doesn’t matter if this post has more votes now, it’s still a dupe.

As for this, use the search feature(:mag:) to find that because it has also been discussed. I’ll let you find it for the experience of using that feature!

just want more attention, if you’d like to add more to the conversation you con do so on that post then!

I am selfish and I only want votes on mine, sorry!

1 Like

iirc mods can merge topics/threads, I don’t know if the votes merge too

Welcome to our forums!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a suggestion. This idea has already been suggested, if you’d like to see it added, be sure to leave a vote on the original post:

Just to remind you, we ask that you simply flag a post if you believe it has broken the rules, please do not try to enforce the rules yourself by commenting.

4 Likes