Add the ability to report players in the Replay Cinema

It’d be nice if you could report players in the replay cinema if you were unable to report them during your game

There could be a day limit of how many days after you can report (5 days after the game you can no-longer report them) as they may have been already banned

life saver

i hate having to record something in replay then post it on the discord, this would help a lot

2 Likes

Splodger posted something about this in an older topic.

That is slightly different. The other suggestion was suggesting the same thing, but I think splodger miss-read it.

Both of the posts were asking for the reporting system to be IN replay. Where there would be a button or something to report a player. At least I think that’s what they mean

1 Like

that’s different. they want a system where you can go on and it’ll take you into games which players reported there were cheaters in, and you will determine whether they were cheating or not to help the staff

2 Likes

I would like it so that even if you don’t have replay pass you can report players from your 5 most recent games and watch a replay to confirm your report is accurate.

2 Likes

You could just use /recentreplays, right?

3 Likes

/recentreplays doesn’t actually allow you to view the replay, even if you have replay pass. Unfortunately, if you could view the replays of the 5 most recent games, nobody would buy the replay pass.

1 Like

I meant you could use replay cinema to view a match, and then use /recentreplays to report someone.

2 Likes

What BROBRO is saying is that they could make the 5 most recent replays free to watch for the sake of reporting players. All of my statements were in regard to that reply.

1 Like

Oh. i was responding to the topic, not BROBRO’s reply.

Also i don’t think that’s a good idea, people would just use this to view matches for free without a replay pass.

2 Likes

What if you forgot the username of the user that was cheating? You could use the replay mod to check who was cheating

1 Like

You could still abuse that to get clips. There just isn’t any way to allow people to use free replay without people abusing it.

For convenience’s sake, yes you should be able to report people in replay cinema, but viewing the last five games for free would just remove the point of replay pass, basically noone would buy it.

Usually you know when someone is hacking in your game, so you don’t have to check any replay. Of course, sometimes you need to take a closer look, but isnt that the point of replay, to review games?

2 Likes

I was never suggesting that anyone can use replay pass to report players. I was suggesting that if you have replay pass, you have the ability of reporting people whilst using it

3 Likes

Is that not… the same thing?

No?? What don’t you understand??

1 Like

You said you weren’t suggesting to use replay cinema to report players. If you report players in the replay cinema, is that not using the replay cinema?

¿???

If you do have replay cinema, you should be able to report people through it.

If you don’t have replay cinema, you shouldn’t/can’t report people through it.

2 Likes

Nvm. I don’t even remember what this was about. I’ll just vote, as this is a good idea nevertheless!
:wink: :+1:
Edit: I UNDERSTAND NOW
We were talking about different things. I thought you were saying that using it to report isn’t the same as reporting through it, but you were saying that it was a suggestion for people who have it, not for everyone, as a response to the other replies.

My bad, that was a miscommunication on my part.