A Suggestion for Murderers

Murder Mystery is my favorite game, and I hate not even getting to play a second because the murderer keeps requeuing. so i thought maybe it could choose a random innocent (not the Sheriff) to automatically become the new murderer, like in Hide and Seek. It would cause even more suspicion, and make the game even more murderous and mysterious.

Let me know what you think!

no, if the murderer queues just do /q murder

2 Likes

That’s the best option, its a really good idea I hate that games end super duper fast because of them leaving. I want to play not sit on loading screens and in waiting lobbies the whole time.

7 Likes

Yes I was just about to say that. Choosing a different person is def the best option

3 Likes

That’s the problem. I shouldn’t have to wait for the game to start, only to have to requeue because the murderer keeps leaving.

2 Likes

I have edited the post to only include that idea.

4 Likes

Bump bump, I played murder mystery the other day and I had to requeue 5 times because of this.

Also a lot of new people have joined recently.

2 Likes

Its a decent idea :bulb:
Might as well vote myself

2 Likes

Cool idea, you are right that it is annoying when the murderer re-queues, but I feel like eventually a sweat would get murderer and the game would end instantly. I’ll vote though :wink:

4 Likes

perhaps if the murderer relogs within the first minute, then a new murderer could be picked.
This still allows enough time to collect coins, or even solve the murder mystery! :thinking: :mag_right:

2 Likes

Bump! I don’t care exactly how this gets fixed, something just needs to be done lol

I have only experienced this a few times, not that often.
Just requeue too, I think.

1 Like

A very useful and fun idea! If this were to be implemented, I would hope the murderer re-queues so I could be sus of everyone.

1 Like

This could work, alternatively they could just allow people who dont want to murder to opt out

1 Like

To add to this, a thing that I think is much more common is having a murderer that just refuses to kill anyone and the game is forced to time out at 5 minutes. If the murderer hasn’t killed anyone after 1:00 or 1:30, a new murderer could be chosen to replace them. This could be random, or maybe there could be a hotbar item in the lobby that allows you to chose if you would want to be picked in this situation, in order to avoid it happening again and again. Hard to find solutions out here but I’m gonna throw this idea on the forum.

6 Likes

this is a very good idea and could elevate games

What if they werent allowed to requeue for mm if they were the murderer at all

then they would just disconnect

1 Like

its not worth the implementation, as a murder mystery main the game is fine as-is.

1 Like

If you main mm, then wouldn’t you want to play more instead of waiting in lobbys the whole time?