10 (now 11) Hive Replay Suggestions!

Hello,

Before I say anything, The Hive Replay System (I am gonna call it THRS from now on) is really good. These are just small things to make it better/more convenient to players.

1. Make Build Battle be Supported

This would be pretty useful for time-lapses of building things. This would especially be useful for partners for their content.

1. Day/Night Switcher

It is a little annoying wanting to get a clip, but it being too dark for you to see anything. Maybe add a time-setter in the compass? Would be useful

1. Change “Director Raccoon” to “Replay Raccoon”

I already made this suggestion of this: Change "Director Raccoon" Name

1. Toggle Messages in Chat

Things like “Blue’s Treasure was Destroyed” or “x knocked y into the void!” or anything else like that, should be able to be toggled on and off using the compass

1. A taxi at the Lobby Door

Not really useful, but still an idea

1. Spectating

Not really sure if this is possible, but maybe you could be able to right click a player and “become” them (somewhat like how you are able to right click a mob in Java Edition and be able to “become” them)

1. Move Replay to the “Completed” section in Trello

This doesn’t need explaining

1. Make the NPC for Replay somewhere else

It is fine where it is, but maybe in the future The Hive could move the Replay NPC to replace one of the spinning Hive+ signs at spawn, or anywhere else really

1. Customizable Rewind and Fast Forward Times

Maybe in the compass you could change how much you fast forward/rewind when you right click the buttons

1. Partners/Mods/Helpers/etc can upload replays to a list in The Hive

Somewhere in the Replay lobby there could be another NPC where you can view replays that partners/mods/helpers uploaded. They can upload things like beta tests (mods), help videos (helpers), or a sneak peek (partners)

1. Be able to Rename games in your Replay List

It is a little hard to find that clip where you did a funny trap when you played 20 games of skywars. Maybe be able to rename the game using “/recentreplays rename” and it will pop up a menu of your recent games. From there you can rename them to things like “funny trap” or “me being bad p1” or something like that. It is hard to explain, comment if you need help figuring out what I mean

Please tell me if any of these have already been suggested or if some need some tweaks or anything else. I will be happy to add your idea to the list or change one of my ideas.

Thanks for reading :))

(sorry for list, i didnt want to spam the topic section)

2 Likes

ok so here are my thoughts on each of these

Yes.

It’s a replay, nothing must be changed, if the game’s time was night, it should be night. Disagree.

Unsure. I think no need.

Yes.

Yes

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Kinda unsure, but yea, quality of life so why not.

No.
YouTube exists for a reason.
There’s always two help me’s in the forums and the discord.
And what do u mean by beta mods.

That’s all.
People disagree and agree on different things, that’s why list suggestions aren’t encouraged :(

2 Likes

Oh wow that was a big comment

Replay doesn’t use the in-game time, it uses its own time. So if your game was day, replay would have a day/night cycle (aka you replay might be in the dark when the game was during the day)

Yeah that one was a bit less useful, but I put it up there cause why not

Beta tests by mods, for when they are testing stuff and want to give a possible sneak peek of it. I’m not very good at explaining.

Please link me any popular Just Build video because it’s not a very content-able game

2 Likes

Very true lol. We might see more content from it though if it does get added

If the replay doesn’t have the real game rounds time, then this should be added.

Also

Discord server sneak peeks

discuss the hive updates here on forums

I think you’re just truly determined to make everything in Minecraft.

shhhhhhhhhh i might be lol

I agree with everything, im not sure if hive can add this as of yet tho

yeah i am questioning this one too, but it would be really cool if the hive can do it

Here’s one, there arent many but there certainly is a market for just build content.

1 Like

Number 6 would never work c people can use it to rig the speedrun.com system but I like the others but I really think replay cinema is fine without them

How would that “rig” runs? If a speedrun moderator were to view the replay they wouldn’t look at one’s perspective. They could also easily implement a rule saying replay footage must be taken out of player perspective. On top of that, speedrun.com is a hive community thing and Hive doesn’t run it so they wouldn’t care about the feature possibly making “illegal runs” as the src mods get to handle that. The mods also already deal with runs that people fake and so it’s just another way to attempt that. If they can catch them before replay they can catch them after. It’s kinda like saying editing software can be used to splice runs so we should get rid of editing software because you can cheat with it.

(src mods could also just say replay footage isn’t allowed :man_shrugging: )

I’m going to sleep now, goodnight

2 Likes

Please do not make suggestion lists.