1.18 About support

Many Hive YouTubers and many Hive players will stop playing Hive once support for 1.18 ends. Because the latest version includes render dragon. Please don’t stop supporting 1.18
Never drop 1.18 support.
50% of HIVE players in Japan disappear after 1.18 end of support
As 1.18 support ends, HIVE servers become more and more obsolete and people stop playing
That should not happen.
We need 1.18 support to liven up our HIVE servers.
I love hive servers. That’s why it’s advice. 1.18 support should never end…

Hi! Welcome to the forums :smile:

This is a big topic that Hive is actively discussing. I believe this could be considered a duplicate topic, but it’s more of an opinion than a suggestion.

Anyways, I’m sure everyone has their own viewpoints about what should be done, but at the end of the day, Hive cannot continue supporting older versions of the game forever. They have said this in other posts. However don’t worry! Hive has no set date to drop support at this time :slightly_smiling_face: as the discussion continues, I’m sure we will hear more information about their plans.

I hope you’re having a great day :heart:

Hey there,

We haven’t yet decided on a date for us to drop 1.18 version support, but it is something we discuss regularly.

We will continue to support 1.18 versions of Minecraft for as long as we feasibly can, but we cannot commit to supporting these versions indefinitely.

Our reasoning for this, is outlined in the article linked below:

Whilst we completely understand your concerns and frustrations with some of the issues in recent versions of Minecraft, we unfortunately don’t have a choice here.

If you wish to see the issues you mentioned fixed, please make your feedback known to Minecraft’s team, by upvoting relevant bugs on the Mojang bug tracker: